COMPLAINT: 10 Hour Delay & No Customer Care

Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:44 AM
Annoyed Annoyed is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012

Unacceptable delays and extremely poor (really, non-existent) customer service.

My connecting flight -- UA15 from Newark, NJ to Honolulu, HI on Apr 2 -- was delayed for more than 10 hours, forcing me to depart a day later than planned (so I wouldn't spend 10 hours in the Newark airport, and also so I wouldn't arrive Honolulu at 2:30 am). United's call center apparently somewhere in Central Asia, after my first call resulted in complete incompetence and partly incomprehensible English, was able to re-book me on flights the next day.

But every time I try to contact United's Customer Care about a voucher/reimbursement, my call gets routed to Reservations after a long wait. And Reservations once transferred me to a hospice company (and according to the hospice company, I haven't been the only United customer transferred there from United Reservations). After 5 attempts, I've given up trying to contact Customer Care by phone. It seems United is going out of its way to prevent customers from talking to Customer Care.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked I lost $12000 because of a 26-hour UA delay! robertbcopeland United Airlines Complaints 2 Jan 4, 2012 10:35 PM
Baggage Problems Continential #1115 Dec 17 Delay my bags & they don't care seattle flyer Baggage Problems 4 Dec 23, 2011 11:38 PM
Customer Service 11 hour delay with rudeness to boot Evangeline_vinson Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jan 22, 2008 9:38 PM