COMPLAINT: Failed to give basic customer service

Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:42 PM
neveragain neveragain is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

I had a layover in Dallas and my AA flight home was canceled. I couldn't get another flight to Denver until 3pm the next day!
  • the reason for the cancelation was a 20 minute rainstorm in Dallas. Must not have been that bad as the ground was bone dry when I went outside.
  • Dallas airport has a phone number for distressed travelers to get discounted hotel rooms. THIS WAS NEVER EVEN OFFERED TO ME BY AA! I got a copy the next day from the airport hospitality workers !
  • I had to pay for the hotel myself and was never even offered a meal voucher.
  • I was told I could get my luggage for the night if I requested it, which I did. I waited 3 HOURS for my luggage and they finally told me it wouldn't come. This is while I'm paying for my room at the Westin!
AA to provide basic customer service and common courtesy during my ordeal. I'll never fly with them again!

Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:03 AM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

If your referring to last Friday, I live in Dallas and we had tornodo watches, there was a lot of severe wind damage in the area due to micro bursts.
While some areas got pop up rain storms most didnt (my plants could have used it).
Remeber there doesn't have to be rain for the weather to be dangerous, especially in the summer in Texas
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
neveragain neveragain is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

No, this was July 23rd. There was no mention of a tornado at all. Just a rainstorm and I was told it lasted all of 20 mins.

However, let's assume there was a legitimate reason for the flight being canceled. There is NO excuse for them to fail to provide me the help I needed. It would have taken 2 seconds to hand me a preprinted phone number for distressed travelers so that I could get a discount on the hotel room I had to pay for.

Also, they should never have told me I could get my luggage. I waited 3 hrs in baggage at the carasel they told me my baggage would arrive at. I went up to the desk only twice inquiring about my luggage. They told me to keep waiting, it would come. The third time I asked they said to go to the hotel because it would not arrive.

I recently had cancer and missed taking important medication. I could have carried the meds with me, however, while delayed flights might be expected, a canceled flight was not expected.

Check-in / Boarding British Airways failed me badly gadaveuk British Airways Complaints 2 Aug 10, 2010 11:22 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM
Customer Service How did AA customer service overtly lie to customer AKBHD American Airlines Complaints 4 Jun 12, 2009 4:22 PM
De-regulation has failed jimworcs General Discussion 15 Mar 1, 2009 1:39 AM