Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Plane seats number downsized and passengers sol

Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:28 PM

November 15, 2010 Phoenix to Orlando, flight US0569

USAir's initial response truly amazed me in that they looked to blame the cancelled seat on the flight issue on the traffic delay from Oakland to Phoenix, flight US0622.. I understand that explanation makes thier statistics better, but it misrepresents their actions. After reading the article in the Dec 2, 2010 Wall Street Journal about US Air's ability to get bags routed correctly, and mine did make the flight, it is even more aggravating that I did not have a seat on the plane to go to Orlando with my bag.

I was not allowed on the flight US0569 since US Air decided to replace the original airplane with one that had approx 30 fewer seats, and not enough people volunteered to give up their seat to accommodate everyone who was confirmed/booked/ticketed to fly on that flight. US Air made a business decision for their financial benefit, which did not honor the obligation it should have had to the confirmed/ticketed/traveling customer. I know that the decision definitely effected at least 10 other people that were scheduled for that flight. Similar to how Ford Motor Company made business financial decision not to replace a small part in the Pinto to keep the car from exploding on impact because it would have cost $1.50 per car and figured that it would gamble on the number of people actually injured or their dependents in court if it got that far. USAir's "customer service reocvery" decision was to only give me a $350 voucher, the same that USAir would have given someone who voluntarily elected to give up their seat, was not acceptable. And further, not paying more than $10 for a meal voucher for the many hours I had to wait for my re-accommodated next day 12:15am non-direct flight was also unsatisfactory.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook