Full Site Register

JetBlue Airways Complaints>Flt 185 JetBlue cancellation
NYTED 9:38 PM Jan 4, 2014
JetBlue continues to handle their cancellations heavy handed. This flight recently cancelled even though the route, Rochester-NYC, missed most of the recent bad weather. Rather than to admit the real reason why Airplane was not in Rochester, and offer upgrades to other available flights they just justified that the problem was "weather related" and they really didnt know why the plane wasnt available, and had no responsibility for my misery. Their offer of take a 3 day reschedule as it fits Jetblue's needs or go somewhere else is typical of the deteriorating customer service at JetBlue. This airline is vastly overrated as is its customer service.
A320FAN 11:23 PM Jan 4, 2014
Originally Posted by NYTED:
Given that a lot of the flight crews are out of position, This can be expected. Also, the new pilot
rest requirements started today 14 CFR 117.5
NYCampisi 3:17 AM Jan 7, 2014
I was scheduled today to fly on a Jetblue flight direct from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Having missed the storm last Thursday in NY and all of the cold weather, I felt fortunate. To my surprise, when I awoke this AM, I had a cancellation notice in my inbox from Jetblue. I called to inquire how they would keep me whole, after canceling my flight in the 11th. After a 2 hour wait, and an escalation to a supervisor, the canned FAA excuse was dropped on me.
The airlines have only known for two years that this day was coming. Jetblue crammed for a final exam and failed in spectacular fashion!
The REAL reason that jetblue has failed its customers is their reliance on NY/Boston as hubs. If these two cities experience weather like this, it breaks their model, unlike other airlines with larger fleets, and more nationally dispersed hubs.
What was JetBlue's concession for their flawed model? A refund on my ticket.
How about the inconvenience of having to find another fligh/airline the same day as my travel?
How about the exorbitant fare I incurred because of the last minute cancellation, and inability to rebook me on another flight??
Where is this scenario in your BS Bill of Rights???
Burgers 3:39 AM Jan 7, 2014
You have the correct answer with respect to JetBlues ability to handle inclement weather and ultimately recover. Knowing that, why in the world would you book with them?
JetBlue, Southwest any other non legacy carriers will not endorse you to another carrier. Unless you have significant status with a legacy carrier no airline will endorse due to inclement weather.

Airline Life Lesson 1... You've learned saving 10 bucks on a LCC only pays when life doesn't intervene.
NYCampisi 3:46 AM Jan 7, 2014
But the low cost moniker is no longer valid as Jet blue no longer markets themselves this way. Had to modify my flight after the fact, hence my dependence on Jetblue...never again...
Reply Up