Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:53 AM
ShreeKala ShreeKala is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016
Default Air Canada baggage compensation

We traveled from Atlanta to Hyderabad via Toronto and Delhi on 13th December 2015. When we arrived at the New Delhi airport our bag was missing.

I received my bag 2 months later i.e. a few days back and the bag is missing 70% of my items. These items have been removed from my bag without any clarification or note. The items that were returned with my bag have molds in them and are non-usable

It is really sad that we receive our bag after 2 months and we had to buy everything that was in the bag during our vacation, spend hours calling and tracking our bag, and spend hours during our vacation to do all of the paper work so we can comply to send the documentation within the specified 21 days. We send receipts of new purchases for the first 2 days and we are given a mere $100 as compensation and told that this is full and final settlement? for what? for all the pain and trouble we went through?

Look at the damage done to my vacation, my baggage, items being unavailable during our vacation, lost items, stress and spending our vacation time doing shopping to replace necessary items that we got for our vacation and tracking our baggage?

I do not accept the $100 that is sent as part of settlement as the cost of damage done to our family vacation and the items purchased is far more than the $100. Where do I go from here?

Turkish Airlines: Lost Baggage with no Compensation NigelPortley Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 17, 2015 10:50 AM
Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Baggage Problems Delayed baggage - low compensation sundays Baggage Problems 2 Jan 28, 2011 4:58 PM