Frequent Flyer Program
COMPLAINT: South African Airlines (SAA) Awards Program Flawed!

Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:37 PM
SAA Voyager Member SAA Voyager Member is offline

Join Date: Aug 2018

South African Airways offers Voyager members an opportunity to convert their Voyager miles into awards. One of those awards programs is the SA Airlink award. It states "Travel within South Africa" as an option with no particulars about limitations. When one visits the SA Airlink website it states their flights go all around the country. However, after converting 18,000 miles for an Airlink award I later tried booking for a flight and was informed I could not fly from Cape Town to Johannesburg on an SA Airlink flight, even though there are flights that fly between these cities. I wrote to SAA Voyager and they apologised and asked me to contact the number given for SAA Voyager and to book my ticket using my award. I called the number and they told me again that I could not book a flight on SA Airlink between those cities with my award. I then contacted SAA complaints and customer service SIX other times and no-one has come back to me. This type of service is shocking and indicative of the poor management and service of SAA. I still have not been able to book a flight since my initial complaint made almost a month ago. Voyager number 500094381.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Spending Miles.jpg (71.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SAA Airlink destinations.jpg (56.0 KB, 0 views)

saa airlink, saa awards programme, saa voyager, south african airways

Reservations South African Airways Predatory Pricing John Twomey Other Airline Complaints 0 Jan 7, 2016 10:56 PM
Baggage Problems South african airways OzoneXT Other Airline Complaints 0 Dec 30, 2015 8:02 AM
South African Airways louise.hibbert Other Airline Complaints 0 Aug 5, 2013 3:51 PM
Items stolen from checked luggage in the south african airlines flight rofix Other Airline Complaints 0 Dec 27, 2012 10:01 PM
South African Airways Steals From Passengers [email protected] Other Airline Complaints 2 Aug 12, 2010 4:20 PM