Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:28 PM
Bikepianopete Bikepianopete is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016
Question Their faulty online system cost me money

Trying to book a flight to Bangkok from Gatwick the Emirates site told me there were no flights on my dates. I tried several times. I just couldnt go on those dates. This was some 14 weeks in advance of the travel date. I had no option but to book to Kuala Lumpur and get a local flight up to Bangkok. 2 weeks later I was looking out of interest at the flights again only to be told again there were no flights but I should call them. I spoke to a lady who confirmed there was a problem and that she could over ride it, and change my flight to Bangkok. Then she charged me £105 for the change. My point is that it was their system that caused the problem, and so it is not right that I should pay for it. I know we get charged to change a booking but this is a special case and not my fault. When I questioned it their sales people just fobbed me off by saying I was too late to change it.
So, I feel extremely disgruntled and resent that Ive got to fly with them at all now. I am paying for their mistake and they use the excuse that I wasnt quick enough.
Tags...
booking problem, booking system failure, unfairly charged

Reservations Beware of unjust late guidelines! -Cost me $2800, cost United $80 Jerry Gadbois United Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 1, 2012 2:05 PM
Reservations Don't Use Online Reservation System! MosesLuna Southwest Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 7, 2012 5:10 PM