Reservations
COMPLAINT: Change of flight without intimation

Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:54 AM

Dear Sirs,
I had booked my ticket for AUH to DEL by EY 0218 scheduled for departure on 02-June-2016 at 22.00 hrs.(Reservation Code: JSUTDR). I had booked long time back on 30th April-2016 through Etihad website.

Today, when I went to deposit my luggage at Abu Dhabi city Terminal I was told that there is no booking for me on this flight. I was given a phone number 02 5990000 to contact.
Surprisingly I was told that my flight has been changed to EMIRATES EK 0510 from Dubai to Delhi on 03-June-2016 at 4-35 hrs.

Now, how would I know that the flight has been changed, as there was no intimation to me ? Only yesterday I had received a reminder email from Etihad saying that my flight is on 02--June at 22.00 hrs from Abu Dhabi. So I was sure about it. It is good that I had gone to City terminal for advance check-in and I came to know about the change well before. If I would have directly gone to Abu Dhabi Airport I would be much more troubled. I did not have even the new ticket or a slightest information about the change. On request over phone my new ticket has now been sent to me.

THIS IS A SERIOUS MISMANAGEMENT ON THE PART OF ETIHAD STAFF OR IT IS A SERIOUS LAPSE OF THE SYSTEM.

I had a very good impression of the Etihad Airways, and this kind of mismanagement was never expected. Now I have to travel all the way to Dubai at night paying hefty taxi fare. Moreover, this hampers the passengers' onward journey if one has a connecting flight to elsewhere. Even I have my domestic flight from Delhi to Guwahati by Air Asia, but luckily it is on next day.

Please consider this as my strong complaint, and I hope such situation will not arise in future with any passenger.

Kind Regards

NIRANJAN K BRAHMA
Abu Dhabi
mobile: 050 5677204
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
ek0510, ey0218, flight change, no intimation