In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Crap in-flight service

Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:13 PM

I took a flight from Stansted to Cologne almost three months ago now and had a rubbish experience with the in-flight service.

I ordered a bottle of water and proceeded to take out a 10 note to pay. The flight attendent proceeded to tell me that he didn't have any change. I then said that I could pay by card as long as it cost the same amount in GBP and I wasn't charged any additional fees. I was assured that it would be the same amount charged to me.

When I checked my statement later in the week, however, I saw that in total, what was quoted as 2 odd for a bottle of water, was reflecting as nearly 5. RyanAir had proceeded to charge me in EUR, which was converted by my bank at a significantly unfavorable rate and I had been charged a fee by my bank due to it being an international transaction. All in all I paid nearly 5 because RyanAir had failed at providing sufficient change for cash transactions. In addition, I had been charged more than double what I had been assured I would be charged.

I proceeded to complain to RyanAir re this issue and was told they would review my complaint. Nearly three months later I have received little more than a vague acknowledgement of my existence.

RyanAir remains the most degrading of Airlines I have ever travelled on and I will be certain to avoid them in the future (as well as encourage others to avoid them too). Given that they refuse to respond to any form of complaint method I have tried I'm certain this too will fall on deaf ears.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook