In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Crap in-flight service

Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:13 PM
dylanlee123 dylanlee123 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

I took a flight from Stansted to Cologne almost three months ago now and had a rubbish experience with the in-flight service.

I ordered a bottle of water and proceeded to take out a 10 note to pay. The flight attendent proceeded to tell me that he didn't have any change. I then said that I could pay by card as long as it cost the same amount in GBP and I wasn't charged any additional fees. I was assured that it would be the same amount charged to me.

When I checked my statement later in the week, however, I saw that in total, what was quoted as 2 odd for a bottle of water, was reflecting as nearly 5. RyanAir had proceeded to charge me in EUR, which was converted by my bank at a significantly unfavorable rate and I had been charged a fee by my bank due to it being an international transaction. All in all I paid nearly 5 because RyanAir had failed at providing sufficient change for cash transactions. In addition, I had been charged more than double what I had been assured I would be charged.

I proceeded to complain to RyanAir re this issue and was told they would review my complaint. Nearly three months later I have received little more than a vague acknowledgement of my existence.

RyanAir remains the most degrading of Airlines I have ever travelled on and I will be certain to avoid them in the future (as well as encourage others to avoid them too). Given that they refuse to respond to any form of complaint method I have tried I'm certain this too will fall on deaf ears.

Baggage Problems Cathay Pacific crap customer service Holly Koorey Crook Cathay Pacific Complaints 0 Dec 4, 2015 10:27 PM
Customer Service Delayed flight, missed flight, poor customer service AzraTucker United Airlines Complaints 2 Apr 10, 2012 2:57 PM
Delta Airlines treated me like crap Shulman87 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Sep 29, 2011 11:53 PM
Customer Service Poor all round service - from check-in to in-flight service rgray United Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 17, 2010 7:01 AM
Customer Service I've had the same crap service from them druryfire Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 8, 2007 12:25 PM