Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:09 PM
grlywn grlywn is offline

Join Date: Dec 2016
Default Broken Promises

We were traveling from Newark, NJ to Phoenix, AZ on Saturday, December 17 when weather caused our flight to be delayed. This delay would have caused us to miss our connecting flight in Colorado. When we arrived at the ticket counter, we were rebooked on a nonstop flight to Phoenix. This flight was originally slated for takeoff around 3:45pm EST and was delayed which allowed us to be rebooked.

We boarded and were ready for take off and actually began taxiing to the runway when we were turned around because the crew had reached their regulatory hours and could no longer legally fly. We were told to go to the gate counter to be rebooked.

While standing in line, we were told by a Southwest Employee we were receiving a travel voucher, hotel voucher(as recompense), and were being rebooked on this same flight Sunday morning at 10am. The front of the line received all three promises, hotel accommodations, flight voucher for $200 per passenger as well as the rebooking on the rescheduled flight. As the line continued, the SW staff member announced over the loud speaker that "we are sold out of hotel vouchers, you can make your own arrangements and then contact Southwest for reimbursement."

My husband called 6 different hotels to finally find the most affordable availability at Hilton Double Tree for the night.

On Monday, December 19th, I called Southwest for reimbursement and was told by their agent that "we are choosing not to reimburse." I explained that we were told to submit and he still denied my request saying it's not their fault that the weather was bad causing the crew to run out of flight hours.

I simply want what was promised and given to others.
Tags...