COMPLAINT: Alaska Airlines ignores customer's needs

Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:40 PM
louangelola louangelola is offline

Join Date: Nov 2019

I have a complaint about customer service at Alaska Airlines.
I had booked my flight six weeks in advance. I paid for their Premium Class upgrade, and reserved an aisle seat. The Premium Class service, and the aisle seat, are both important to me, because I suffer from pain in my feet and legs, and the extra leg room, combined with the ability to occasionally stand in the aisle without climbing over another passenger allow me to relieve the frequent discomfort I encounter on long flights. Had there been no aisle seats available in Premium Class when I was booking the flight I would have chosen another flight. On the day of the flight, my seat assignment was changed to a middle seat, even after I had checked in online. The email I received informing me of Alaska’s corporate decision offered no explanation, no apology, and no compensation for my extreme inconvenience. I was told the seating change was for “an operational need” or some such corporate double speak. The woman at the check-in said she was not able to discuss the reason I was being moved, as if it were some top secret espionage maneuver. Of course I saw the person who was given my seat, and he appeared to be perfectly healthy, and more than able to sit in the middle seat to which I was moved. I was neither consulted nor informed of the reason. Just moved. I filed a complaint with Alaska Airlines. I received a form letter that gave no indication that anyone in their complaint department had actually read my letter. I filed a subsequent complaint about the form letter, to which I have not received a reply. The day after the fight, my leg and foot were very painful. I cannot directly attribute my discomfort to the cramped quarters on the flight, but there certainly seems to be a correlation. The way I was treated by Alaska Airlines is disrespectful and uncaring about my health and the care I took in planning my travel.

Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:23 PM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by louangelola View Post
I have a complaint about customer service at Alaska Airlines.
Sounds like you were moved to accommodate law enforcement also known as a air marshal. So yes you can be moved, and the reasons do not have to be disclosed to you as to why.

Last edited by A320FAN; Nov 8, 2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: edit

American Airlines/Alaska Airlines frequent whiners take note of changes coming 1/1/18 A320FAN General Discussion 0 Jul 6, 2017 2:50 PM
Baggage Problems Lost bagage- Customer Service ignores me PriscillaDeGroot Iberia Complaints 0 Feb 10, 2017 7:05 PM
Alaska Airlines tropicalgirl Other Airline Complaints 43 Jul 17, 2010 5:56 AM
Customer Service Don't Fly Alaska Airlines! Elena Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 13 Jun 14, 2009 6:58 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Alaska Airlines - I need your help with this issue. jopeters41 Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 8 Dec 15, 2008 6:19 AM