COMPLAINT: Rudeness of Customer Service Agents

Old May 28, 2010, 11:06 PM
JM0025 JM0025 is offline

Join Date: May 2010

I have been apalled at the way customer service agents talk. This happened to me for the first time so I am wondering if other people share my experience.
My Wife and I would be travelling internationally and we found out that a second checked bag is charged now. These rules went into place 6 days prior to our purchasing the tickets. My wife called up the customer service phone asking if they could let us take two bags as we did not realize this when making the booking. The women on the other end started yelling at her and when my wife pointed out that she is being unprofessional and rude and she was calling to only ask a question , she responded by saying "thanks for your opinion." After hearing this account, I am at a loss of how the buisness works. Frankly, I am very dissapointed and most certainly will not be using American unless absolutely have to. I was wondering if this was just our experience or others have had similar issues.Thanks.

Old May 28, 2010, 11:20 PM
Joolsee79 Joolsee79 is offline

Join Date: May 2010

I just stumbled on this (hugely informative) site today....have read a lot. I'm not a frequent flier but I knew the attitudes of the cabin crew on my JFK to Heathrow flight were well below par....they got so ****** my friend and I (tired as we were) actually developed hysterics....the gentleman sat next to me was told he should not have to ask where the toilet was as he was wearing glasses which made his eye sight twice as good as hers - there were a tour of orthodox Jews that AA had no patience for, very sarcasctic - and when we asked a hostess for juice she said she had already offered it!!! Maybe they were forced to work overtime, i don't know - but all these women were so horrible we were in stitches as it took nothing to make them insane....I hate flying, maybe now and again these staff could act like they care???? About all of us? They get paid for it....
Old May 29, 2010, 12:18 AM

It never pays to travel on international routes on a US based airline. Try Virgin to LHR... much better. Even BA (when they are not on strike) are significantly better than any of the US based carriers to LHR.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:54 PM
Joolsee79 Joolsee79 is offline

Join Date: May 2010

I will try Virgin next time....too bad there's no way to complain to the Gods about Volcanic ash eruptions and ten hour bus trips :-)

Customer Service Appalling customer service/rudeness etc lwalsh American Airlines Complaints 7 Nov 26, 2013 1:37 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM
Customer Service How did AA customer service overtly lie to customer AKBHD American Airlines Complaints 4 Jun 12, 2009 4:22 PM
Customer Service Air Canada Customer Service agents are LIARS! UpsetPassenger Air Canada Complaints 0 Apr 13, 2007 1:37 PM