COMPLAINT: Flight Cancelled without notification

Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:30 AM
mp14068 mp14068 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2010

My friend and I had a scheduled flight #1710 6/16/2010 to Jamaica for 5:40 AM. I checked the night before and I'm very glad that I did. The website stated that the flight was cancelled with no reason as to why. Our flight was rescheduled to 12:40PM which meant a longer lay over in Atlanta, GA. Because of this cancellation, we did not arrive to Jamaica until 10:35PM causing us to miss the entire day that we paid for. We couldn't even eat there. I am so dissappointed. I did get w/my travel agent who was not notified of the change either. She advised us that we will not be compensated for this. I strongly believe that Delta owes my friend and I $140 each.

Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:15 AM

You might try writing directly to Delta with your complaint, rather than going through your travel agent. This will give them the opportunity to send you a patronising, heartfelt cut and paste apology, with whole paragraphs which bear no relation to your complaint. At the end they may offer you a voucher for $50, which will require you to fly with their sorry arses again. Personally, I would chalk it up to the "delta experience" and just fly someone else in future.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta cancelled my flight xz157c Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 May 26, 2010 2:49 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight cancelled we were never contacted katheworsley Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 6 May 20, 2009 4:02 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancelled Flight AND Overcharged gcheadley United Airlines Complaints 6 Apr 26, 2009 8:17 AM
Customer Service cancelled flight, AA 181, 7/23/08. JFK to LAX willy9394 American Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 25, 2008 6:24 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed Flight Cancelled ed.kortz American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 11, 2008 4:15 PM