Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Flight Cancelled without notification

Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:30 AM

My friend and I had a scheduled flight #1710 6/16/2010 to Jamaica for 5:40 AM. I checked the night before and I'm very glad that I did. The website stated that the flight was cancelled with no reason as to why. Our flight was rescheduled to 12:40PM which meant a longer lay over in Atlanta, GA. Because of this cancellation, we did not arrive to Jamaica until 10:35PM causing us to miss the entire day that we paid for. We couldn't even eat there. I am so dissappointed. I did get w/my travel agent who was not notified of the change either. She advised us that we will not be compensated for this. I strongly believe that Delta owes my friend and I $140 each.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:15 AM

You might try writing directly to Delta with your complaint, rather than going through your travel agent. This will give them the opportunity to send you a patronising, heartfelt cut and paste apology, with whole paragraphs which bear no relation to your complaint. At the end they may offer you a voucher for $50, which will require you to fly with their sorry arses again. Personally, I would chalk it up to the "delta experience" and just fly someone else in future.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook