COMPLAINT: Let stewardesses land the plane in a crisis, says Ryanair boss: Airline wants to ditc

Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:03 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

HAHAHAHA Ryanair is all about safety!!! They would be out of business so fast

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ch-pilots.html
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:07 PM

Safety is not number one at Ryanair, money is.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:59 PM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Michael O'Leary thanks you for letting him win just a little bit more. Do you realize this is nothing more than a publicity stunt? And he has won his bit because you all are talking about it.

There is no way that any legitimate government, certainly the US, Canada, and pretty much all of Europe (non inclusive list) would ever allow a commercial aircraft designed for two pilots to take off with only one. I say designed because the only time it has happened is cases like Capeair that flies some 9 seat Cesnas and have only one pilot. That's because the Cesna was certified to fly with only one pilot needed.

There are also reasons why the governments require you to have a certain number of hours experience before you can even get a commercial license. Whether the number of hours required is enough is another debate.

Anyone who has flown flight simulator can get the plane off the ground. Given a bit of practice you can land it too. But in an emergency situation you have got to have someone with experience in the cockpit. And O'Leary knows all of this. I know that he has come up with some crazy crap in the past, but even I having never met the man, can certainly tell you that he is not truly serious about this.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:45 AM

Ryanair is what I call a death trap.