Reservations
COMPLAINT: Fraudulent Sales

Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:17 PM
Trojan76 Trojan76 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

I recently booked a flight from JFK to Long Beach. At the end of my on-line booking, I was asked to choose my seat. The system would not allow me to pick any seat, even middle seats, unless I paid $50 more!!

I choose not to pick any seat and allow the airline to pick a seat.

When I printed my boarding pass, it read on the top "Stand By". So I was concerned. I called the Airline and spoke with a representative. She told ms that I should not worry and she does not know why the boarding cards are printing this way (apparently I was not the only one complaining!).

Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:28 PM
Trojan76 Trojan76 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

I choose not to pick any seat and allow the airline to pick a seat.

At any rate, I went to the airport and went to the ticket counter, which I had to wait for a while (where I could have just gone to the gate if a seat assignment was given. At the counter, they also refused to give me a seat and told me to go to the gate. I severely complaint. They finally gave me a seat.

When I got my ticket, I went to the customer service and complaint about their procedure. Anyways they told me that they mist probably oversold and that is why I had a standby ticket.

I complained that they should have clearly told me on their web site that they are NOT selling me a seat, but the privilege of being standby and get a seat at the will of Airline.

At the gate, they reiterated that people with a standby ticket should wait fir a seat assignment.

Well, to me, this us a fraudulent sale. They should correctly state that you're buying a standby seat or treat you like any other oversale condition.

I fly over 100,000 mile every year and this is the worst treatment and most fraudulent treatment I have received from any Airline. I will NEVER book with JetBlue again.

Sincerely
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:12 AM
airplanegod airplanegod is offline

Join Date: Aug 2010

Not to be short, but you have to give a little sympathy to the airlines during this winter storm, with jetblue getting the brunt of it because of their northeast location. And, next time, I would pay the extra $50 to make sure you have a seat.

Fraudulent website for booking Award Travel richeycom Mileage Plus Complaints 14 Mar 16, 2010 3:37 PM
In-flight Issue In flight Sales pitch totiredtodance In-flight Issues 6 Dec 5, 2008 2:20 AM