COMPLAINT: Overcharge for change in flight by DELTA

Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:25 PM

About 9 months ago, I had my niece's ticket Delta flight date departure changed to a later date for about $25.12 at a Delta airline's ticketing office in NYC. Receipt showed such amount however, the day after the transaction, Delta debited $3,205.00 from my debit card. The Delta ticketing office personnel said he could not issue a refund and instead, for me to discuss it with Delta airlines. The Delta employee could not explain how such amount was debited. At first I had my bank investigated the charge and in several occasions Delta was forwarding my bank a copy that it was a valid amount of transaction despite the proof of receipt. After several attempts of corresponding with Delta phone customer rep (who couldnt provide any help ), I wrote Delta airlines two letters and then finally on an email , they responded that it was the correct amount that they charge.

Any suggestions on how can i recover the $3000+ overcharge that Delta airlines did? I tried to do it small claims court in NYC but their Delta office in Manhattan recently closed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:21 PM

Ryan,
A ticketing office has the resources to resolve the most complex issues… but they didn’t.
Delta’s phone sales department and customer relations can usually help… but they didn’t.
Your bank is designed to advocate for you, and they're completely neutral… but they didn’t.

Can I ask WHY? Did everyone give you the same response—and what was that response?

As presented, your story suggests that you really SHOULD have been charged and don’t understand why. So give the rest of the story and prove otherwise so that folks can help you recover your money.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:29 PM

thank u for a suggestion
Old May 30, 2012, 6:50 AM

Do whatever you like, buy whatever you want at aosom.com, go wherever you interest.