Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: Lufthansa staff stole 170 Euro's ($300) from me

Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:09 PM

I flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Muenster and was given a "Delivery at Aircraft" tag but did not want to put my bag under the plane. The baggage handlers at the plane insisted I put my personal bag under the plane. I was rushed for time and took out all of my electronics but unfortunately forgot my wallet. Upon arrival in Muenster I discovered the 170 Euro missing. I stopped on my return flight at the Frankfurt Lufthansa Service Center and they gave me an email address to file a claim. Because I had never walked upstairs to board a plane I had taken a photo in which two of the baggage handlers can be identified. Over a month later I received a response that stated:
We must conform to the rights and obligations defined in the Montreal Convention with regard to the settlement of baggage loss. Each traveler is responsible for exercising due diligence in relation to carrying such items as cash or jewelery in their checked baggage. Should the passenger do so despite this obligation, then this formally constitutes contributory negligence and the traveler is accountable for any possible loss for which Lufthansa cannot be held liable. We are conforming to the stipulations of the Montreal Convention, Article 17, Paragraph 2.
DO NOT AGREE TO USE THEIR DELIVERY AT AIRCRAFT SYSTEM....YOU WILL BE ROBBED.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook