Frequent Flyer Program
COMPLAINT: They stole 70,000 miles from me

Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:16 PM

Hello,
I am a frequent customer for AA and Delta, where I hold Platinum status and as such I know exactly how to use miles, etc...
I had 70,000 miles expiring on Sep 30 2016. On Sep 30 I place a call to the US from Europe (I was on vacation); this was a very expensive call and I was in the countryside with very poor signal. I was barely hearing the miles and more agent who asked me if I could call back, but this would not solve the issue as I was in the middle of the countryside. We managed to do the reservation, and as I was about to give my credit card number to finalize, we got disconnected. I was about to call again but LH sent me an email confirming that they would hold the flights until Oct 6 2016 midnight. I was really relieved, as I thought they were giving me a courtesy 6 days to call back, which was working well because I would be back in the city on that day and would not have to pay for an international phone call again. So I tried to call back on the 6th. The agent advised that the miles were gone!! . that I shouldn't have paid attention to the email (duh?). He mentioned that until the 5th it would have been good though (duh? It said the 6th!!!). So I escalated to customer service and somebody extremely rude called me back and told me I did it on purpose, that I should have known to ignore the email, etc... Unbelievable.

I am demanding my 70,000 miles back.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook