Reservations
COMPLAINT: Lufthansa reservations TOTAL RIP-OFF

Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:00 AM
chrisgk chrisgk is offline

Join Date: Dec 2013

The Lufthansa booking website is completely useless !!!!!

Family of four booking European vacation. After searching the airline web sites lufthansa presented flight options which were acceptable because of the limited number of airlines flying into our destination town.
Return journey starts at 6am with 7 hours wait time for connecting flight, not the best with two young kids. Booked the flight and paid $6k for it. THIS WAS THE ONLY OPTION GIVEN TO US BY the LUFTHANSA WEBSITE. ONLY OPTION PERIOD! 6AM DEPARTURE!
Now my wife couple days later just for the sake checks the TRAVELOCITY website.

Apparently there is a better way Travelocity presented the return departure time at 1:30pm, Frankfurt at 5pm so no wait times and much shorter and convenient trip and in the exact same price range down to a dollar. Went back to the lufthansa.com not available there. It is like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. LUFTHANSA DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Well, I called the LH reservations (took me 20 minutes to find their secret phone number) asking to have my return flight modified to the later departure time with no re-booking costs because Lufthansa
had no information about those flights on their website and I simply did not have that option to book them period!

Some uninterested aircanada agent shadowing as LH rep told me “you had your choice and you made your choice if you want to rebook it will be $1200 plus any fare differences”. She could not understand that the preferred flight connections were never shown on the web site. No trace of the 1:30 departure period. Therefore I was not given the choice at all. How could I have made that selection if it was not even presented! The agent replied that I should have called the reservations. Well this is the best part. When I was talking to her and when I was inquiring about this 1:30pm departure her immediate answer was that it is not going to work because I will not get a connecting flight out of FRA. Eventually I had to step her through the process giving her the exact flight numbers to show her that this option does exist. So the agent's comment that I should have called in to make the reservation still would not work because she didn't known about it anyways.

As a good costumer service I expected Lufthansa to apologize for the short comings of their reservation system and make the change without any additional charges. Especially that my trip was booked seven months in advance and seats were readily available.

Instead I got a lecture on how I was the one responsible for making my stupid choice. From now on all of our vacations are going to be spent in Canada the most beautiful place on earth with 150,000 magnificent lakes, three oceans and mountains all within a driving distance. No passports and visas required. Ha.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed flight- total disorganization geewhizairlines Delta Air Lines Complaints 17 May 3, 2013 2:01 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Total disrespect from the new UAL GioInLA United Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 12, 2012 7:18 AM
Customer Service Lufthansa Name the A380 Competition: Total Scam kornylious Lufthansa Complaints 2 Apr 1, 2010 1:28 AM
Reservations Spirit Airlines - Total RIP OFF! Trvlr Spirit Airlines Complaints 17 Mar 10, 2009 1:41 AM