COMPLAINT: Only one piece of baggage???

Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:55 PM
stephens stephens is offline

Join Date: Jul 2014

On this day of 2nd July, 2014, I checked in my three children at the Lufthansa counter at Brussels.

I was trying to check in three baggages. and they were 28 kgs, about 20 kgs, and 22.5 kgs.
and they told me those should be strictly 23 kgs.
so I tried to divide some into three again to fit in to the limit.

I could make it.

and then, they asked for the weight of hand carry.
we had two hand carry by roller and they were about 10 kgs and 12kgs.

they again said that those should be strictly 8 kgs only.
I had to take some out of those and to figure out how to send all the baggages and
I could narrowly meet the limits at last.
by checking in three baggages under 23 kgs and two hand carriers under 8 kgs.

And, three of them are the students, one with a shoulder bag, two with a backpack, each.

those crews now say that they are only allowed one piece of baggage for the economy class.

I asked about the back pack with my girl and they said no.
up to this point, I was patient. Rule is rule. and sometimes it is just tough, as the life goes on. Just I may think I just have a wrong day, and met a wrong person.

So I thought I may count my girls backpack is also the one we are going to carry.

that one was not really fully packed or too heavy, but it might look just a little bit not so light and small.

and NOW they are again telling about the other backpack with my boy, which had only a laptop pc and a few of notes and books, which even didn't look so big and rather so compact.

They told me by showing the regulation card and they are only allowed one piece of hand carry.

and I told them, they should be allowed normally any handbags, and electronic stuffs like notebooks. and they still said, NO, and repeated again that it is only allowed one piece for each passenger.

I finally took one baggages out again, by counting their own back pack as one piece of the hand carry. As I was running out of the time. also.

Until I receive the official explanation and the letter of apology from the president of Lufthansa, I will not stop this complaining.

1. I am the Gold member of Star Alliances.
and I had the bonus mileage tickets for my three children.

2. Does Lufthansa have any prejudice against Asian people?
3. Does Lufthansa have any prejudice against Korean People?
4. Does Lufthansa have any avoidance against Belgium students?
5. Is Lufthansa not so friendly or hostile against university students?

So many times I see the people they carry their lap top bag or different type of backpack or shoulder bag in addition to their inflight hand carry.

the attached backpack 2 was the bag my son carried with.

how many people does carry their own hand or should bag?

What is the standard of Lufthansa for the ONE PIECE OF BAGGAGE?

I think I am going to ask the student union how they would think about this kind of service by Lufthansa, Brussels airport.

Anyone please help me how to keep up this claim further on until they would accept my complaint and write me the letter of apology.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg back pack 1.jpg (36.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg back pack 2.jpg (35.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg back pack 2 inside.jpg (33.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg two hand-carry.jpg (31.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Lufthansa regulation card and the staffs.JPG (97.1 KB, 1 views)

Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:49 PM
disnoke disnoke is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

why complain if they are just following the rules, it's clearly indicated on their website http://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/Carry-on-baggage

Should university students be exempted then?

Baggage Problems At least I got there in one piece: A New Orleans Jazz Musician's Nightmare JamesMartin American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 8, 2011 6:59 PM