Reservations
COMPLAINT: Won't allow any change to flight!!!!

Old May 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

Just disgusted with Lufthansa!!!!!

So I've travelled a lot(90 countries) and been on many airlines and had varying degrees of customer service but for the most part it's been relatively fine minus a few encounters. I just booked a flight a couple of days ago with Lufthansa and had a sudden change in plans so I needed to change a flight out of Beijing by a couple of days.Not a big deal normally as I've done this many times before either for free or I've paid a fee. Well Lufthansa takes it to a new limit. A straight up NO! Even though there is a ton of room on the flights that I would like to change my itinerary too and I said I would pay a fee they just refused to help in any manner. I was completely taken back by this outrageous policy. She said I had a special ticket or deal????? Well the price seemed decent but it didn't feel overly special. I just can't get my head around it, a customer service that no longer services. How are we allowing these airlines to get away with this. It's a new low. Please tell me if I'm over reacting.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 3, 2016, 7:28 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by i5wade View Post
Just disgusted with Lufthansa!!!!!

So I've travelled a lot(90 countries) and been on many airlines and had varying degrees of customer service but for the most part it's been relatively fine minus a few encounters. I just booked a flight a couple of days ago with Lufthansa and had a sudden change in plans so I needed to change a flight out of Beijing by a couple of days.Not a big deal normally as I've done this many times before either for free or I've paid a fee. Well Lufthansa takes it to a new limit. A straight up NO! Even though there is a ton of room on the flights that I would like to change my itinerary too and I said I would pay a fee they just refused to help in any manner. I was completely taken back by this outrageous policy. She said I had a special ticket or deal????? Well the price seemed decent but it didn't feel overly special. I just can't get my head around it, a customer service that no longer services. How are we allowing these airlines to get away with this. It's a new low. Please tell me if I'm over reacting.

Whom did you buy your ticket from if it from a travel agency online or a physical establishment, your ticket maybe what is considered a "Bulk Ticket"
meaning you still get a cheap deal, but you are restricted to those dates, times and routings with absolutely no changes permitted. the agent was looking at your PNR to see what type of ticket, and since the BT might be what is causing the issue, they will not touch the ticket unless a flight cancels.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook