Tools...

Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:54 PM

Default Air Canada flight departed 30 MINUTES EARLY - my wife missed flight - NO REFUND

We booked 2 Biz Class tickets on Air Canada to Shanghai via Vancouver and we checked in 2 hours early. My wife has a mental illness and at some point panicked and got lost in the departure lounge when the flight started boarding. The Captain said he wanted to depart early and I was rushed on board by ground staff in a very confused and anxious state. The flight took off 30 minutes early and my wife was left behind in an unfamilar place with no assistance.

I arrived in a very poor state in China with my wife's baggage and medications. Are they supposed to offload the bags of anyone who doesnt board th aircraft? AC did not do this.

Air Canada refuse all liability for this event and deny any claim for compensation adn m,erely refer me to the travel agancy and they of course pass the buck back to Air Canada. The air tickets were non refundable and so were all the hotels and trips I had booked in China.

The whole trip was an unmitigated nightmare. The broken seats, TV's and the bad food pale into insgificance compared to the treatment of me and my wife and Air Canada's refusal to do any thing to assist us to get a refund.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:34 PM

I am flabbergasted that you would board the flight and abandon your mentally ill wife in an airport, in a confused and distressed state. The actions of Air Canada pale into insignificance when compared to your actions and I cannot believe that you would post this on a public website. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:55 PM

Hell has froze over, I actually agree with Jim.
It just as bad as the person who dropped her teen age daughter off at Chicago's Ohare and was upset when she got lost.....HELLO doesn't that parent watch the news and realize Ohare is not a little airport.

More options...