Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:42 PM
frustrated01 frustrated01 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2018
Thumbs down Taking your money

I recently made reservations for my daughter to come and visit me. Being a teenager she missed her flight. While I can understand Southwest airlines keeping the money for that missed flight, I do not find it acceptable for Southwest to cancel the return trip flight which is / or was 11 days after the first flight. I was told the 2nd flight was cancelled and that they would be keeping the money for the second flight. I had options to get my daughter here and return via the second flight. Either by taking a later Southwest flight or via another carrier. If MY daughter at tha time missed the second flight I would have no issues with Southwest keeping my money.

BUT NO SOUTHWEST CANCELLED THE 2ND FLIGHT AND HAS REFUSED TO PROVIDE EITHER A REFUND OR A CREDIT.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:28 PM
Argonui Argonui is offline

Join Date: Aug 2018
Default Travel Funds

Usually, the value of tickets for missed and/or cancelled flights are converted to travel funds which can be used to purchase other tickets.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:55 PM
frustrated01 frustrated01 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2018
Default bad southwest

No offer was made and I was told it was policy to take all. I told them I would probably Start a post stating my dissatisfaction I was told sorry you feel that way.

Check-in / Boarding Protecting my credit card refusing boarding and then taking my money? paulewels Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Apr 4, 2015 1:50 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked The Taking of United 174 doktagil United Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 21, 2014 4:45 PM
In-flight Issue Rude staff, taking my business elsewhere zoe United Airlines Complaints 4 Jan 9, 2014 3:44 PM
Southwest Airlines is taking over Airtran airplanegod General Discussion 4 Oct 10, 2010 4:39 AM