Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: LGW to MAN I got 400 from BA for cancelled flights

Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 PM

If like me you were greatly inconvenienced by two cancelled flights two weeks in succession from Gatwick to Manchester on Friday 13th July 2012 and 20th July 2012, flight BA2908, then you are entitled to compensation over and above the cost of the flights.
I complained to the CAA after first receiving a load of customer relations hogwash from BA. Eventually I received a cheque and a pathetic explanation as below. So could be worth your while pursuing.

BA2908 13 July and 20 July

Thank you for contacting us about Mr Andpigscanfly's cancelled flights from London to Manchester. I can appreciate how frustrating it was for him when his flight was cancelled on two consecutive weeks.

Flight BA2908 was cancelled on both occasions due to technical problems with the aircraft. I apologise for the inconvenience these cancellations caused to Mr Andpigscanfly.

Mr Andpigscanfly also mentioned that flight BA2908 was cancelled on 15 July, 29 July and 04 August. These flights were cancelled due to technical problems with some of the aircraft in our Boeing 737 fleet, which resulted in a shortage of 737 aircraft.

Mr Andpigscanfly is entitled to compensation for the cancellation of flight BA2908 on 13 July and on 20 July. The distance of his disrupted journeys, as calculated in accordance with EU legislation, was 1500km or less. Based on this, he is entitled to EUR250 in compensation for each flight. I have therefore arranged to send him a cheque for 396. He will receive this shortly.

Thank you for following this up with us and I hope that Mr Andpigscanfly will continue to travel with British Airways.

Best regards.
----

Funny how they don't tell you about the compensation programme !
Sounds like their fleet is falling apart or was it the fact that the Olympics were just about to kick off so they could use the aircraft on more lucrative routes ?
I don't believe for one minute that there were any technical issues !
And finally, no, I won't be travelling with BA again if I can possibly help it !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook