COMPLAINT: LGW to MAN I got 400 from BA for cancelled flights

Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 PM
andpigscanfly andpigscanfly is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

If like me you were greatly inconvenienced by two cancelled flights two weeks in succession from Gatwick to Manchester on Friday 13th July 2012 and 20th July 2012, flight BA2908, then you are entitled to compensation over and above the cost of the flights.
I complained to the CAA after first receiving a load of customer relations hogwash from BA. Eventually I received a cheque and a pathetic explanation as below. So could be worth your while pursuing.

BA2908 13 July and 20 July

Thank you for contacting us about Mr Andpigscanfly's cancelled flights from London to Manchester. I can appreciate how frustrating it was for him when his flight was cancelled on two consecutive weeks.

Flight BA2908 was cancelled on both occasions due to technical problems with the aircraft. I apologise for the inconvenience these cancellations caused to Mr Andpigscanfly.

Mr Andpigscanfly also mentioned that flight BA2908 was cancelled on 15 July, 29 July and 04 August. These flights were cancelled due to technical problems with some of the aircraft in our Boeing 737 fleet, which resulted in a shortage of 737 aircraft.

Mr Andpigscanfly is entitled to compensation for the cancellation of flight BA2908 on 13 July and on 20 July. The distance of his disrupted journeys, as calculated in accordance with EU legislation, was 1500km or less. Based on this, he is entitled to EUR250 in compensation for each flight. I have therefore arranged to send him a cheque for 396. He will receive this shortly.

Thank you for following this up with us and I hope that Mr Andpigscanfly will continue to travel with British Airways.

Best regards.
----

Funny how they don't tell you about the compensation programme !
Sounds like their fleet is falling apart or was it the fact that the Olympics were just about to kick off so they could use the aircraft on more lucrative routes ?
I don't believe for one minute that there were any technical issues !
And finally, no, I won't be travelling with BA again if I can possibly help it !

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA Cancelled our Flights, Their Response: Flight Doesn't Exist AmericanAirIsFullOfCrap American Airlines Complaints 5 Jan 5, 2014 4:57 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta cancelled both connecting flights jim520 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 21, 2011 11:27 AM
Air India - Cancelled/Delayed/Redirected Flights dharms112 Air India Complaints 0 Sep 17, 2008 7:17 PM
Customer Service Flights cancelled, delayed, missed, plus very rude staff roushl United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 21, 2007 3:14 AM
$200 rebooking fee, cancelled flights, damaged luggage Tony2007 AAdvantage Complaints 0 Feb 12, 2007 12:32 AM