COMPLAINT: Shame of Turkish Airlines

Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:09 AM

I was with my wife and son aged 9 in the flight from Istanbul to Vienna of Turkish Airlines on the Jan.21st. We were all seated separately (23F-25C-26D) despite of my warning that we could not help our son in an emergency case.They didn't care of my request and didn't help us.

Then , I sent a complaint letter on the Jan.25th just to prevent it happened again to somebody else. They answered me 45 days later and said separate seating was ok for our case.

It can not be such a passanger safety policy.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:00 PM

The seating of a 9 year old without a responsible adult with them is outrageous. What would happen in the following circumstances:

1. The child is sexually assaulted by a passenger seated next to them
2. In an emergency decompression, who would assist the child with their oxygen?
3. In an emergency evacuation, separating a child from their parent is likely to lead to a parent or child blocking the egress of others whilst looking for the other.

This practice of allowing children to be seated next to strangers and not having anyone responsible for them is simply irresponsible. It is not the same as unaccompanied children, who are part of an organised programme and under the responsibility of an FA or AirNanny.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook