View Poll Results: Has anything like this happened to anyone else at Vancouver airport customs?
Immediately file a complaint to the proper authorities in Canada 0 0%
Retain proper counsel as soon as possible! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

COMPLAINT: Flight#30 customs try to steal cash from american then dumps him across border in wa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Client province/state other: BEIJING
Client postal/zip code: 100000
Client phone number: 829.816.6886

DEAR AIR CANADA:

Can investigate something terrible that happened to me a few days ago. Or, please forward this email to the proper organizations and associations for review. Thanks.

On, or about November 4th 2015 during transit flight#30 AIR CANADA from Beijing China to the Dominican Rep through Vancouver, I was in possession of approx $9100 in USD to buy amber, coffee, larimar, and chocolate for an import/export company founded by me, but owned by my Chinese wife and legally registered in Beijing. I also have a registered import/export company in my name in the Dominican Rep. Since wife cannot speak English or Spanish, I usually go the the Dominican Rep. to purchase these goods to ship back to China.

My currency (along with some loose bills in Chinese currency) was seized and I was interrogated for over 6-8 hours about the cash. I repeatedly told Officer Louie and his Indian-looking supervisor (his office #604-666-1802) where the money came from and what the money was going to be used for as he could clearly see from the business cards, website, and pics in my cell phone that he hacked into. They refused to believe me. The receipt for the currency exchange while I was rushing through the customs to catch my flight may have been lost, but there is security footage of me taking the money from the ATM at Beijing International airport and exchanging the Chinese currency for USD. The money is NOT proceeds from criminal activity, like the customs officer alleged. I think he and his supervisor were fishing for excuses and in fact were trying to actually steal my money.

Due to the long interrogation, I missed my flight. I also requested to consult with an attorney which was refused to me. Also, under the Vienna Convention agreement, I requested to see counsel from the American embassy in Canada which was also denied. The customs supervisor suggested that I return to China at my own expense, or to some place across the border in the US. I refused since they stole all my money and that was not my intended destination. All my money was taken and I was left stranded on the American side of the border in the cold in Blaine Washington.

I humbly request that you launch an investigation into to this matter immediately! My family has already contacted The US Embassy American Officer Service Chief Tod Thedy(AMERICAN EMBASSY IN CANADA: Tod Thedy 6046854311 ext 249, John Hoyle ext 246) while I was still sitting in the customs area, right before I was cuffed, kidnapped, and deported to the American side of the border, in Blaine Washington. Perhaps these Canadian agents have done this to others. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CRIMINAL-LIKE THOSE CUSTOMS AGENTS ARE!!

This is just the short version of this frightening, upsetting, and humiliating ordeal. Thank you.

Sincerely,

PAUL E. CABO, FOUNDER
AMBERXCHANGE, LLC.
BEIJING CHINA, HONG KONG & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Customer Service American Airline refused to give a receipt after $210 cash payment Aadan American Airlines Complaints 4 May 8, 2012 3:31 PM
Vancouver Airport (YVR) Perverted Customs nightmare. DennisAJC Other Airline Complaints 4 Mar 7, 2011 5:28 AM