COMPLAINT: Bag Lost for 17 days and counting

Join Date: Aug 2015

File Reference Number: PHXBA37902
Luggage Tag: BA 583916
Flight No: BA 289
Iím writing in complete distress over a single suitcase that has been missing since our British Airways July 28th Flight from London-Madrid-Phoenix.
Every single day we contact the 1-800-828-8144 number to get the current status of our luggage and every day we are disheartened to find out our bag is still considered missing despite the fact that the bag with the same description has been located in Amsterdam since August 4th. We have done everything British Airways told us we should do and still to no avail the bag remains in Amsterdam.
We are especially disappointed and nervous because in this bag are items for three (3) people. We traveled with our children and so their clothes, my clothes, my sons inhalers for asthma (extremely important and time sensitive) ,my clothes and my jewelry (over $2000 just in jewelry alone) are in this bag and we believe we have waited long enough for it. As I write this letter the bag has been missing for over 17 days. If this bag (which is waiting for the Amsterdam team to double check the contents and to ship it to us) does not get to us we will be certain to create a lawsuit against British Airways.
Furthermore the customer service representatives for British Airways continuously give us conflicting information. One day we called and a representative said the bags are now in Phoenix and to give them another 24 hours to process. Then the next day we called and they stated that the bags are still in Amsterdam. The next day again someone said the bags are in Phoenix and to wait another 24 hours. Then again 24 hours later the next representative stated that the bag is still held up in Amsterdam.
Finally my husband decided to drive down to the Phoenix airport to see if he could get any true information. The representative there said that despite our daily phone calls and speaking to British Airways nobody actually requested that the bag be sent to Phoenix. At that point they attempted to make a formal request for the bag.
Then after making more phone calls to the customer service number we were asked to describe the contents of the bag more than 3 times.
At this point Iím getting nervous that our bag will forever stay in Amsterdam and get auctioned off to the best bidder. What kind of service do you think you are providing us? This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and itís coming from British Airways, a company I used to have a lot of faith in.
Please DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THE AMSTERDAM TEAM TO SHIP THIS BAG.
We have been more than patient.

Baggage Problems Etihad lost baggage 4 days before wedding - It is still missing 60 days past joshiakash28 Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Aug 26, 2014 12:43 AM
Lost $9 fare club after 3 days Radcliff299 FREE SPIRIT Complaints 5 Dec 11, 2012 7:28 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked $200 is good enough for 2 days lost. pianoronni37 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Aug 26, 2010 11:14 AM
easyjet lost luggage 11 days TammyMarsh easyJet Complaints 10 Aug 24, 2010 6:09 PM
Baggage Problems 67 Days and Still Waiting for a Response for my Lost Bag terrinicole United Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 10, 2007 11:23 PM