Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Does Air Canada Listen?

Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:56 PM

I have gone over the Air Canada website. There is no active forum to complain. Does Air Canada respond to complaints. I see service deteriorating year by year. The planes are old and dirty, the service is poor, the meals are of low quality.
In the past month I have made overseas flights on Business Class
Calgary - Heathrow
Calgary - Frankfurt.
The Business Class cabin is nothing compared to other airlines. Lufthansa has beautiful cabins and much better service. Business Class meals on Air Canada have also dropped in quality. At one time we got a hot breakfast. Not any more. Air Canada should look at the dinner and breakfast that Lufthansa offers on its Lagos to Frankfurt flights. If Lufthansa can cater a beautiful breakfast for flights originating out of Accra, and Lagos (catered locally) why can't Air Canada do the same.

I have also read that Air Canada is applauding itself for being the best airline in North America. Basically that is being the best of the worst. The airlines in the United States are like cattle pens.

Finally there is competition from British Airways on the Calgary to Heathrow route. I certainly intend to try them. The only thing keeping people flying on Air Canada is Aeroplan. Without Aeroplan I would certainly be going out of my way to fly with somebody else.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:52 PM

Air Canada does not have any motivation to listen. If they lose customers and money they will simply appeal to the government to keep them going. Sadly the government has no other option but to respond, and the Air Canada executives know this. What makes it worse it that they have successfully filtered this attitude to many of their staff by building a culture of "too bad, who else are you going to fly with". The reason the airlines in the UK and other countries are so good in comparison is because of competition. Simply look at the number of complaints against Air Canada and their lack of reaction and that will tell you all you need to know. There are good employees with Air Canada, I have met them, but make sure you shake their hands when you are lucky enough to deal with them because they have the strength to be different and actually care. Sadly they are the minority and always will be. You can't beat them so just fly WestJet or any other airline.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:06 PM
Banned
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Air Canada is pretty much a monopoly in their business. This gives them no reason to improve their services especially at a time when all airlines are trying to save money.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:35 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

But you can't sit there and say "Why can't AirCanada look at Lufthansa?" Why?

First of all Lufthansa tends to be a pricer airline. Also, they are a larger global airline. This is a key factor here. When you have passengers connecting from one flight to another, you can subsidize a bit from one flight to the next. So, when you have people connecting to and from longer haul international flights that are money machines, you can spend a bit more on the shorter, less profitable routes. But they do that, because if they didn't have the less profitable route, then the passengers would not be on the more profitable route.

If you travel often enough, maybe it's time to walk away from the Aeroplan miles, and join Lufthansa's program, which they have partners that you can use the miles on.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:47 AM

You are luck if Air Canada responds to yr complaints! My advice, avoid Air Canada in future and take some other airlines. It will not take much time for this airline to come to its knees!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

rejilx, your basing your complaint on the fact that YOU didnt have your documents, and Air CANADA helped you out by not allowing you on the flight untill you had the visa, which meant if you arrived in Canada they would have sent you back to Heathrow, your just blaiming the airline because you dont want to take any responsibility! This would have happened on ANY airline so Air Canada is not to blaim
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rejilx View Post
You are luck if Air Canada responds to yr complaints! My advice, avoid Air Canada in future and take some other airlines. It will not take much time for this airline to come to its knees!
You are luck that yr lack of typing skills and grammar have not hindered your travels. In future you should chk to cee if yu have right documents to go to countries who will accept yu. It not take much time for you be deported!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer View Post
You are luck that yr lack of typing skills and grammar have not hindered your travels. In future you should chk to cee if yu have right documents to go to countries who will accept yu. It not take much time for you be deported!
Beware ! There are some airline employees here posing as ordinary members. They think highly of themselves and their hinglish!.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:28 PM

Originally Posted by rejilx View Post
Just because you refuse to take responsibility for your own screw up concerning travel documents, you feel the need to go on a crusade against Air Canada?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:32 PM

I am in NO way an Air Canada employee, in fact after my recent experience i hate them

however you (or your travel agent) are responsible for knowing what documents/shots etc etc you need when you travel

its kinda like taking a bus..you need bus money, if you dont go with it and you cant get on, you cant blame the bus driver for that

anyways im sorry you had a bad experience