COMPLAINT: look at the reply, notice something odd?

Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:29 AM
laf88 laf88 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2007

AMERICAN AIRLINES CUSTOMER SERVICE

LOOK AT THE RESPONSE... I KNEW WHAT IT WOULD BE EVEN BEFORE I GOT IT, JUST BY THE AUTOMATED EMAIL TO MY INITIAL COMPLAINT VIA AA.COM WEBSITE. IT WOULD TAKE A WEEK OR MORE TO HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP REPLY TO MY COMPLAINT THE EMAIL STATED... (NOTICE THE REPLY TIME)

Good Morning,

I want aa to know that this flight I purchased (No confirmation has been emailed yet) was the most difficult process I have ever experienced out of any airline company I have used (around 15).
I booked a vacation through aavacations.com in March, I cancelled in May. I made a down payment, received a confirmation email explaining all the rules and regulations. Why is it that the customer doesn't get a detailed confirmation of a cancellation and how to reuse the refund? I was given an aa ticket number locator and a set of 6 alpha letters, perhaps another way of locating a record.
I am an educated person and I went through circus hoops trying to apply this refund. Virtually no communication between the "vacation center" and reservations for "tickets only".
I put 2 tickets on hold (for the same/original passengers) but the customer has to call. After 4 phone calls, 2 connections, 43 minutes later and the 5th customer representive, I finally book the tickets but she can't break down the refund for me, only tell me what additional funds I owe. No email confirmation. It was easier applying for a 2nd mortgage on my house.
Inclosing, this probably will be the last flight I will ever book with American Airlines. My time is worth alot more than whatever my refund was that I applied to the new tickets.

Best Regards,
***** ******

Subject: I2007/07-10160-00008-001
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:11:26 -0600 this is when email was sent
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from mailgate3.aa.com ([144.9.151.233]) by bay0-mc9-f7.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:11:12 -0700
Received: from mailgate3.aa.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])by mailgate3.aa.com (8.13.7/8.13.6) with ESMTP id

July 17, 2007 this is when aa replied

Dear Ms:

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry that we were unable to send you a receipt.
In your record, M****, it indicates that they tried to send it but they were
unsuccessful in delivering. You can print your Itinerary and Receipt online via
AA.com by following these instructions:

- Go to www.aa.com
- Click on the "My Reservations" tab
- Choose to "Login" -or- "Continue Without Logging In"

You will need to fill out the "Find Reservations" form, if your reservation does not
appear on your list.

On the Itinerary Details page, click on "PRINT ITINERARY & RECEIPT"

Further questions about your ticket should be directed to American Airlines
Reservations at 1-800-433-7300 (24 hours/daily).

This is an "outgoing only" email address. If you 'reply' to this message by simply
selecting the reply button, we will not receive your additional comments. Please
assist us in providing you with a timely response to any feedback you have for us by
always sending us your email messages via AA.com at

Sincerely,

Lisa T. Matthai
Customer Relations
American Airlines

THANKS SO MUCH LISA FOR YOUR WELL THOUGHT OUT AND THOROUGH REPLY, WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS LIKE YOU,
NO WONDER WHY IT TAKES OVER A WEEK FOR A REPLY!!!
AMERICAN AIRLINES CUSTOMER SEVICE CENTER IS #1.... IN BEING BUSY WITH COMPLAINTS.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee(s); access to anyone else is unauthorized. If this message has been
sent to you in error, do not review, disseminate, distribute or copy it. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete this email from your email system.

Baggage Problems lost baggage - more than four months with no reply! baginlimbo Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jun 30, 2007 8:24 PM
Customer Service Flight cancelled, difficulty reaching cust. serv., no reply KenB Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 14, 2007 4:03 AM