Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:06 PM

Default unfair seating

Me and my daugther paid full fair and were given 2 seats that were for Crew Only as that was sewn into the seats we were assigned. This is not right for air canada to do this. They need to refund our flight cost !!!
We were cramped in 2 seats that did recline and the people in front of us did so it made our seats even closer to theres. our seats were already closer than normal in spacing as they were only to be used by the crew.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:51 PM

Where wre you flying from/to? Do you know what type of aircraft you were flying? If not please reply with the date and flight number.

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:01 PM

this happened on flight AC123 11 mar 12 at 8:00 am flighing from toronto to edmonton. the plane had 2 seats on each side of the isle.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

I had those same seats before. they reclined but not much. somebody has to have those seats especially if the flight was full. was your flight full? if it wasn't they shouldnt have put you there in the first place since those are crew rest seats. (yes us airline attendants get tired after going up and down for 16 hours, no i dont work for air canada). i dont see why they should refund you money. they did get you from A to B, from the sounds on time, you also recieved your luggage. you can choose your seats online as well.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:21 PM

well appentley they were not the same seats cause these did not recline at all and they are a little closer to the seat in front of them then the rest. so who ever gets these seats should have to be unncomfortable for hours (4.5 hours in our case). we should get treated differently then every other passanger on the plane ? we did cause of our seats this is not fair and should not happen.
About getting there on time well yes in this case but traveling from toronto to windsor no they made us take a different flight so we arrived late. yet that is another issue.
The stewardess on the flight were all telling me to complain cause they didn't think this was right either. Just another way for air canada to make more money at the cost of there customers comfort. and no i was no given a choise of another seat as there were none....
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:37 AM

Your aircraft was an Embraer 190. Were you in row 18? If so this was the row just forward of the exit row and in all aircraft of any size the seats will not recline so as not to obstruct the exit row. Otherwise the pitch and seat width are the same as any other row in the aircraft unless you were comparing the pitch to the row behind you which does have more room as it is the exit row.

More options...