Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Tools...

Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:48 PM

Default AeroMexico: Service

Some unfortunate highlights from my experience on an end-of-June/early July 2007 round trip from San Antonio to Mexico City, on Aeromexico. We had a direct flight to MEX, with the plane delayed for 30 minutes for mechanical inspection. The return trip had a scheduled stop over/flight change in Guadalajara, and after arrival we found out this leg of the trip was cancelled. Aeromexico flew us back to Mexico City 6 hours later, and arranged for us to fly on a Mexicana flight direct to San Antonio. We had been scheduled to arrive back in San Antonio by 1:30 pm, but with cancellations/redirects ended up back in San Antonio at 8:45 pm. The only compensation from Aeromexico were meal vouchers.

Also, if you book Aeromexico with intra-Mexico stopovers, be prepared to trek long distances cross-terminal and between gates - not pleasant with some of the airports undergoing construction/upgrades, inadequate air conditioning and long distances between their international and domestic gates.

My advice: only book Aeromexico for non-stop flights between the US and Mexico destinations. Dont' waste your time arguing for compensation - you won't receive anything but meal tickets for their delays. For any reticketing, go through their Premier Class counter agents - helpful, understanding and efficient, though powerless on compensation.

Caveat emptor,
Erik
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:36 AM

Default Aeromexico says its sorry and it is a really SORRY airline

I bought tickets from Aeromexico in June of 07 to fly from Chicago by way of Mexico City to Nicaragua with my wife to be with her Mother for Christmas and New Years. A few days before the flight we got a call that the Airport in Mexico City would not let Aeromexico fly out to or back from Managua Nicarugua on the days we booked. First they tried to change our flight dates by more than a week (We were going for Xmas & New Years) They insisted on adding a overnight stay in Mexico City each way, making us a day late for Christmas and two days late for work. The only solution they offered after 4 long hours on the phone was our money back at a time when other tickets would be either impossible to get or astronomical in price. I later learned that Aeromexico changed the route months ago, but did not inform us of the change. Now we are to sacrifice our Christmas celebration, for their incompetence.
After hours on the phone, they have no ownership of the problem they caused us. THey say they are very sorry, but unable to help us out of the problem they created.

More options...