Customer Service Have you had any problems with Continental's Customer Service? Have Continental employees treated you poorly?

Tools...

Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:36 AM

Unhappy continental has terrible customer service - it seems everyone knew that except for me

Continental has cancelled my daughter's flight and I have spent over 8 hours on two different phone lines trying to reach customer service to re-book her on a flight. They just have me on hold. I tried a live chat but after a 20 minute wait to have the live chat, he said that a "team" had to do a re-booking for the cancellation and that I would have to continue to hold. Continental never notified my daughter that her flight was cancelled. I happened to check flight status and saw that it was cancelled. They must have one person working customer service and that person has gone to sleep. DON'T be foolish and use continental - you'll never get to where you need to go and they won't help you. They'll be out of business in two years because they're awful.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:54 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Continental has cancelled my daughter's flight and I have spent over 8 hours on two different phone lines trying to reach customer service to re-book her on a flight. They just have me on hold. I tried a live chat but after a 20 minute wait to have the live chat, he said that a "team" had to do a re-booking for the cancellation and that I would have to continue to hold. Continental never notified my daughter that her flight was cancelled. I happened to check flight status and saw that it was cancelled. They must have one person working customer service and that person has gone to sleep. DON'T be foolish and use continental - you'll never get to where you need to go and they won't help you. They'll be out of business in two years because they're awful.
Ummmm if she is going by way of Newark there is a hurricane headed up the East coast of the U.S.A. Also it is not just your daughter's flight that is/was canceled, there are thousands of other people that are waiting to see when they will get into or get out of the Northeast. Currently there are 11 states under hurricane warnings. When Newark airport will open is anyone's guess.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:36 PM

these complaints are getting old. if shes travelling out east...all if not most are already cancelled. LGA is closing today, rail systems as well.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortney View Post
these complaints are getting old. if shes travelling out east...all if not most are already cancelled. LGA is closing today, rail systems as well.
All NY/NJ area airports were closed as of 12:00 today to ALL DEPARTURES AND ARRIVALS and will remain this way until hurricane Irene passes, and inspections of the terminals, taxiways and runways and all other important
areas of operation have been inspected and cleard for use.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:15 AM

some people lead such sheltered lives they have no idea what is happening other than the 10 mile raidius around where they live

More options...