Baggage Problems Had any problems with your baggage on US Airways?

Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:26 AM
PDXJen503 PDXJen503 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015
Thumbs down Forced to Check CarryOn, Baggage Lost on NYE

Complaint Summary:

I was forced to check my single carryon item at the gate, due to mismanagement of overhead space. I had intentionally packed only one bag because my holiday plans upon arrival at LAX were extremely time sensitive. USAirlines lost my bag, including my religious attire/uniform for an event I was attending NYE---the sole reason for my travel. I was unable to attend the religious service, ruining my NYE plans.

In addition, the baggage claim customer service was atrocious. 25 other passengers from my flight were also missing their luggage; each claim took an astounding 10-15 minutes to process. A supervisor was requested by the agent multiple times with NO response, and the agent was left with no support or backup. She literally called 4 times; 2 times, the phone rang and rang with no answer. Twice, a supervisor was promised. The woman who finally showed wasn't a supervisor, and just waffled around for 5 minutes, stating "I don't know what you want me to do. I don't work baggage." before wandering off. The agent lacked competence, efficiency, and empathy, further escalating the situation. I missed 3 FLYAWAY busses waiting at the carousal and in the baggage office, costing me so much time I was forced to take a $60 taxi.

I am requesting full reimbursement of my airfare, as well as reimbursement for the taxi fare (verifiable by distance between LAX and my baggage delivery destination). In the absence of appropriate response to this complaint, I will not do business with your airline again and will take my experience to social media for wider public consumption.

---

Basically, they left behind an entire CART full of luggage in Phoenix.

I'm not hopeful they'll be responsive; if they are not, I'm just going to make
sure all my friends/family/clients know what a sh*tty airline they are.

J

Last edited by PDXJen503; Jan 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:33 AM
PDXJen503 PDXJen503 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015
Default PS.

My bag did arrive a full 24 hours later---long after NYE festivities were over.

Baggage Problems Lost Check in Baggage saravanan.em Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 6, 2013 5:10 AM
Baggage Problems Stolen lens out of my forced check in carry on yy89 United Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 13, 2012 12:39 AM
Customer Service USAirways Baggage: forced to purchase seat on return scchambers Customer Service 2 Jul 21, 2011 8:40 PM
Qatar bad check in - lost luggage Trevor Vas Qatar Airways Complaints 0 Jan 1, 2011 11:29 PM
Check-in / Boarding Baggage Check Wait knowakow Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 25, 2007 8:31 AM