Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Tools...

Old May 10, 2008, 10:42 AM

Question S7 'e Ticket' Buying Nightmare

Hi
I wish to fly from Moscow to Kazan independently to visit my wife but you try buying an E ticket online with S7 if you live in the UK (or USA?). Your card will be rejected. After contacting their Moscow office (don’t forget to put the 007 [sic] in front of the number) they will ask you to send a scanned copy of your passport and the front & back of your bank card first 6 and last 4 numbers. They will then send you an attached letter, which you complete the details of. Once signed and scanned you email the letter back to them.

To S7 Airlines Sales Director
Mr. Polukhin M
(name of the applicant), xxxxxxx ( passport data),holding the card Visa (AmEx), MC)
xxxxxxx (the number of the card)…, issued by the bank… (name of the opening bank), valid up
to …, confirm the purchase of the tickets on www.s7.ru for passengers (names, passport data)
on the route…(the direction) with the indicated card.
I confirm the legality of the transaction on behalf of S7 Airlines Company.

Date, manual signature

I am aware of financial security of companies banks etc but this is going too far.
Does anybody think this is a reasonable request knowing that most of the worlds air traveling population does not possess a scanner.
I never have had problems before as this is my third visit to Kazan.
Why does S7 Russia’s second largest air carrier (discriminate?) make it extremely difficult for UK passengers to fly with them, or are the Bank's at fault?

Kevin Ward

Last edited by kevingerbs1968; May 10, 2008 at 10:45 AM.

More options...