Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:37 AM
gtschaub gtschaub is offline

Join Date: Apr 2009
Angry American Airlines Rip Off

On 3/25, I booked 4 tickets for a multi-destination trip. 5/2/09 SJC to RSW for 1 week, 5/9/09 RSW to NAS for 1 week, 5/16/09 NAS home to SJC. As normal the agent repeated the flight dates and times, I confirmed that they were correct, authorized the total charge of $2,689.84. I trusted that our conversation was sufficient, I assumed wrong. On 4/9 I printed my itinerary and upon closer investigation realized that my lap child was not included and my Saturday, 5/16 flight home was incorrectly listed as Monday 5/11. I contacted AA to correct the problem. I was informed that in order to get the 11:00 a.m. flight I had originally requested, I was going to be charged an additional $1,200.00 in increased flight fees and ticket change fees. My only other option was to accept a 6:30 a.m. flight with a $245.96 fare increase and $600.00 ticket change fee. After explaining the circumstance as they had occurred and the great inconvenience (to my family of 3 children under 6) the supervisor agreed to waive the $600.00 change fee. I authorized the $245.96 fare increase and requested the add on of the $12.00 lap child ticket. Once again I foolishly assumed my flight headache was over. Upon checking my new itinerary I found that once again, my lap child was not included and I was in fact charged the $600.00 ticket change fee. I called AA again only to be told that there is no record of the supervisor agreeing to waive the $600.00 ticket change fee. I asked for the name of the supervisor that charged my credit card, so that I could resolve the issue directly, only to be told that there is no way to look up her name. AA is unwilling to correct the problem. Now our $2,690.00 flight is going to cost us an additional $600.00. An honest mistake is one acceptable inconvenience. A second blatant error and refusal to correct it is unforgiveable. Our anniversary and 1st born sons' birthday are on the same day 5/5, we celebrate with a vacation every year. We will never fly AA again.

Check-in / Boarding American Airlines Shakes down 13 yr old Barry Cohan American Airlines Complaints 5 May 8, 2009 6:37 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked American Airlines...never again Jeannie American Airlines Complaints 2 May 4, 2009 9:36 PM
Reservations DO NOT USE AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!! Carrie27 American Airlines Complaints 8 Dec 22, 2008 10:31 PM
Customer Service contacting american airlines dunigan American Airlines Complaints 7 Sep 15, 2008 3:20 AM
Customer Service No more American Airlines, thank you... dulyon American Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 24, 2006 11:14 PM