Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:12 AM

Thumbs down Cebu Pacific - Worst Airline in Asia & Philippines

I know we love to save $$$$ but in this case, one must avoid Cebu Pacific at all costs. A few scenarios:

1. Low-Fares are designed to rip you off when you exceed hand-carry and check-in bags, fees range from $40-65 per bag. If you miss your flight, get ready to pay with penalties & upgrade reaching $70 per segment.

2. Everything is ala-carte....meaning if you want water, you have to pay for it. This is literally a flying bus in/out of Philippines.

3. Paying full-fare means less service. You still treated like a 2nd class citizen no matter what. I asked a flight attendant for water in my Davao-Manila 7 pm flight on 11/07/09, she responded, "Sir, you have to buy a bottle. If u really want one, we can give you HOT water with ice for your medicines."

Some service....huh? Absolutely, the sh*test airline in the world!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:28 AM

Join Date: Nov 2009

From my Taipei to Manila flight on 10/29/09, I asked for a blanket. Guess what? You have to pay for it as well. Next time, they will charge you to use the rest room or CR plus charge you for the toilet paper or tissue in the CR too.

Flying Cebu Pacific reminds me of riding a provincial bus and pay for your own food from street vendors that come in when bus stops plus pay for the rest rooms (CR) at each bus stations. This is how Cebu Pacific got their idea!

One more thing, I booked my Taipei flight locally but didn't have my US passport in hand. I told them that I'm US citizen. They charged me P1620 for international pinoy travel punishment tax for not having my passport.

When I requested a refund after showing my US passport at Terminal 3 office, I was told that I have to go to Travel Tax office in Ermita to get a certificate that cost me P200 plus transportation.

I did get the certificate to authorize Cebu Pacific to refund and finally received my refund but cost me P500 to get it and half a day. What a F**king joke! They could've just booked my flight as US citizen in the first place & avoid the hassle of getting my travel tax refunded back.

This is airline is the dumbest airline and 100% F*cking sh*t hole of the airline industry! Cebu Pacific should leave the airline industry and goto provincial bus business model.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:19 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Reading your first post I thought to myself. okay, here's a rant on yet another low cost & fee crazy airline the like s of RyanAir. But then we get to the second post and it's a totally different story! You blame the airline for your own lack of responsibility to travel with the necessary documents to prove your citizenship. This is completely not the airline's fault and had it been any other airline you would have found yourself in the same predicament. I guess if you get caught shoplifting in Wal~Mart then, in your estimation, Wal~Mart is the worst retail company in existence simply because you got caught there and not at Tesco. To use your own words...F*cking absurd!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:38 PM

Join Date: Nov 2009

You are as dumb as Cebu Pacific, PHXFlyer. I can book international flights without having passport in any civilized airline companies worldwide. Your Walmart example is totally irrelevant & shows how imbecile you are just like Cebu Pacific personnel.

Last edited by emma49er; Nov 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:45 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by emma49er View Post
I can book a ticket on any airline that has a website or call center as well. However if I show up without proper identifaction to travel then I'm not going anywhere.

Your personal attack has been reported as well. Have a nice day.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:52 PM

Join Date: Nov 2009

Gee, no kidding about showing up without docs at the airport. I was talking about BOOKING in the first place...you deserve the nice adjective. You started with it "To use your own words...F*cking absurd!" comment.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:16 PM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

Yea that could have but since you didn't have documentation to prove that you were a citizen, just your word, they followed their protocol. How do you travel around in a foreign country and not keep your passport with you? And why would you even use such a line as "I'm a U.S. citizen", you're not entitled to anything by saying that, it actually makes you look foolish.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:08 PM

Emma49er..
There are low costs and there are low costs. Southwest, JetBlue and Easyjet = high quality low cost operations, with a customer focus. Ryanair, Spirit and sounds like Cebu Pacific are hostile and seek to attract customers only on price. You have to pick carefully... there are big differences and if you are travelling a lot you might be in for shock.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:55 AM

To the OP....you are flying a low-cost airline based in a third-world country. No doubt about it that the PI is third world. And you have complaints on being nickled and dimed with water and blankets? The Philippines is one of the most corrupt countires in the world. They are most likely trying to make enough money to pay off the higher-ups so they can pay less taxes or get better landing slots.

Ok, the last part of the above is a bit tongue in cheek but honestly, Cebu Pacific is a low rate airline and you should expect nothing and hope for the best. They used to (and may still) not accept non-Philippine credit cards on their website for payment. I attempted to purchase a BKK-CLK ticket about a year ago and it was denied for this reason. I have a U.S. issued credit card. Tells you something right there.