Old Dec 25, 2008, 4:17 PM
POSADA20 POSADA20 is offline

Angry Help with a disaster

I am from New York but have been living in Sweden for 14years. I never flew an American carrier until now, and what a difference! I donīt know how AA can compete with European carriers.
I started my trip on 10 Dec 2008 from Gothenburg to Paris with Air France. Then I connected with AA in Paris to New York. Upon arrival at JFK 1 of 2 bags made it.
On 22 Dec I was to fly back to Europe. Leaving from JFK to Brussels and connecting with SABENA ailines to Gothenburg. After the boarding process was completed at JFK we sat at the gate while they checked the air pressure in the tires, didnīt they have time to do that prior to our departure time!?!?! I ended up missing the connection with Sabena and AA booked me with SAS from Brussels to Copenhagen then to Gothenburg. The AA staff assured me that my bags would be forwarded to my SAS flight and that I needed only to show up at the gate. I got yelled at by SAS because I didnīt check in even though I was assured by AA I didnīt have to check in. Once again upon my arrival 1 bag made it and the other did not. Not only did I lose money on a train ticket from Gothenburg to my final destination I couldnīt even get the bonus miles on my BA milage club card because the self-check in machines I was FORCED to use would not accept my BA millage card. It is Christmas day at the time of this posting and I am still waiting for my last piece of luggage.
Does anyone have any advice as to what action I can take and with who?

Swiss Air/Lufthansa baggage disaster JTHORNTON Swiss Air Complaints 1 Dec 21, 2008 3:04 PM
Customer Service Columbian Disaster Thomas J. Thees American Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 3, 2008 12:22 PM