Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:39 PM
afhmkk0 afhmkk0 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012
Thumbs down Fly Spirit if you don't mind funding 3-Day Delays or flying in faulty planes

BEWARE OF SPIRIT - LOW BUDGET OR NOT. Only fly Spirit if you don’t care if the planes are mechanically solid or when/ or even IF you get to your destination. Don’t be fooled by low fares! After they charge you for bags, aisle seats and you pay for your own water to drink onboard you might as well fly Delta and know you’ll get where you’re going. My husband’s flight was delayed to Vegas on 2/18 because of mechanical issues and CANCELLED on 2/22 for the return flight to Detroit due to mechanical issues AGAIN. We were told to take the next flight out THREE DAYS LATER – NO LIE! Spirit expected us to fund food, lodging, deal with childcare issues, take more vacation time off and wait for their next flight THREE DAYS LATER. Delta got my husband the last seat out that day but we paid $570!!! I have emailed their executives TL and BB several times about this dumbfounding situation and to refund the difference in fares of $410. They hide in their offices and I receive canned responses from Customer Relations. I’ve filed complaints with Better Business Bureau – which they are NOT accredited with and also Federal Aviation Commission and I will continue to post online. Flying Spirit is an expensive CRAP shoot in the end.

Check-in / Boarding All planes delays because of slow counter service in Toronto Berta American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 5, 2007 1:37 AM