Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:04 PM
billyrobts billyrobts is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012
Angry Spirit Airlines - No ticket confirmation, no customer service, no refund!

Tried to book online, but website would not honor Spirit's own credit card. Next called; got India and was booked; however, no confirmation by email or on Spirit's website. Called again and promised a confirmation. None received. In the following seven days I checked the website and wrote 3 more complaint letters, but no confirmation or details of flight!! Went to my credit card company for help. They had the charge, but when they called Spirit, Spirit had no record of my flight!! They said they'd find it and send a confirmation; again no confirmation. The credit card company and I asked to speak to a supervisor and we were put on hold until the phone disconnected; no confirmation of flight and Spirit refuses to refund the cost of the ticket.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:04 PM
Matt_FLL Matt_FLL is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

You described a situation where Spirit Airlines has charged your credit card, but no services have been rendered nor do you have a confirmation of itinerary (promise that a service will be performed).

If this is really true, you have nothing to stress about. Just dispute the charge with the credit card company and relax. They will work to resolve the case on your behalf.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:23 AM
billyrobts billyrobts is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Thanks for your input

I've talked with the credit card company but they cannot guarantee they'll get my money back. According to them they cannot override the policies of the company (no refund/fees for cancelling) without justification and I'll have to wait until the flight date is passed to find out if I'm okay. I'll try to book on another airline because I don't know if I have the flight or not.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:38 AM
Matt_FLL Matt_FLL is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

Billy, this seems so unfair for you. I'm sorry that you're stuck in this situation. When is your departure date? Keep us posted with what happens.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:28 AM

The credit card company are being ridiculous. Write to Spirit giving them 7 days to resolve the problem, then buy another ticket. You will win this in small claims.... Spirit cannot take your money and not provide a service, and the credit card company is obligated to return your money in these circumstances.

Customer Service Spirit Airlines customer service - NOT! asbaker Spirit Airlines Complaints 7 Sep 29, 2011 6:41 PM
Customer Service Paid for ticket, have confirmation #, Delta refused to give me my ticket! jenb Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jun 29, 2011 6:14 PM