COMPLAINT: Horrible Customer Service and Lost Luggage

Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:53 PM
jmanzo517 jmanzo517 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2018

I am extremely upset with the service I have received because of error after error by United Airlines. My luggage was not put onto the same flight as me (UA930 - Sept 4, 2018, Ticket number 01421984345633, Claim number LHRUA65115). I called customer service, luggage support on 12 occasions over 3 days, and on multiple times I was told my luggage would be delivered to me within hours.

Obviously this meant I could not leave my accommodation for the first few days of my holiday. As a visitor to this country, each call made to United Airlines customer service was a chargeable call, adding over 50 gbp on the phone bill. I was even given the wrong telephone contact number to follow up on my luggage (ironically to a tarrot reading line) by United Airlines customer service, which just added insult to injury.

My holiday was only for 9 days, 3 of which were wasted on waiting for my luggage to arrive. I was forced to cancel dinner reservations, concert and show tickets, and missed the opportunity to catch up with old friends who were passing by. I was forced to wear the same clothes while waiting for my luggage, as it contained my clothing and toiletries. I was unable to leave to go shopping for new clothes as I was instructed my luggage would be delivered imminently as previously mentioned.

I fully expected to be compensated for my trip, as it had severely affected my once in a lifetime experience in England. I am writing this in the past-tense because I have written this message several times to United Airlines through their procedures and I have never gotten a response from them SINCE SEPTEMBER! I have been extremely patient, so now I am going to make this complaint public.

united airlines

Baggage Problems Delayed Flight, Lost Luggage, Ignored by Customer Service Out $$$$ dteijido American Airlines Complaints 1 Mar 21, 2017 9:28 AM
Customer Service Lost luggage and the worst customer service in aviation Never_again_BA British Airways Complaints 2 Jan 9, 2014 11:31 PM
Baggage Problems BA poor lost luggage customer service dtwong1 British Airways Complaints 0 Jan 9, 2014 10:58 PM
Baggage Problems Aegean Airlines - Never again!! Lost luggage - no customer service!! eirini Air Canada Complaints 0 Aug 6, 2013 7:06 AM
Customer Service Lost luggage-horrible customer service! tbotzon American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 16, 2007 11:00 PM