COMPLAINT: Flights cancelled, delayed, missed, plus very rude staff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 21, 2007, 3:14 AM
roushl roushl is offline

Join Date: Apr 2007

To Whom It May Concern,

I just thought you might like to know about our LAST excursion with United. We were scheduled to fly to Florida last Wednesday night from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Due to the weather this flight was cancelled. I can understand this cancellation, but the way we were treated was uncalled for. We asked if we could extend it a day on the other end because it would cut us short a day of our vacation to visit our mother. Of course you could do it for $125 a ticket. We were told it wasn't your fault so you didn't have to do anything for us. One of my sisters went on line to find another flight in the A.M. the next day but when we asked to be put on that flight it was extremely expensive. You would rather fly out with an empty plane then accommodate customers. So we were scheduled to depart Florida on Monday evening and then that flight was cancelled again due to weather in the eastern states. Why that should have affected our flight is a little surprising. So we did end up with our extra day in Florida after all. The problem with this is because we didn't know we were getting the extra day there was not preparation for somebody to fill in at our jobs for us. I am responsible for payroll and you know as well as I, everybody wants to get paid!!

This brings us to our return flight on Tuesday evening. We got to the airport on time and boarded the plane on time. We sat on the plane for a very long time, unsure of what was going on. I guess it was some technical difficulty. Needless to say we missed our connecting flight from Chicago to Grand Rapids. So late on Tuesday night we had to wait in a long line to find out they were putting us up in a hotel and we asked for food vouchers and were told they would not give us any. So that meant we had to pay for 2 meals we were not prepared to pay for. You see my sister is a diabetic and has to eat to take her insulin. (Fortunately she had that with her). So after waiting for about 1/2 hour the shuttle finally picked us up and we got a room assigned and then we went to the hotel restaurant to get a bite to eat. After finishing we went to the room they assigned us to and we could hear somebody else in that room. We knocked and a lady came to the door. I can imagine what her reaction would have been had we walked in on her.

Mind you during our entire ordeal not once was one of your representatives cordial to us in any way. All we were told is they could not help us and would not help us.

I have always heard to fly the friendly sky's with United. What has happened? I don't fly all that much, but I do make arrangements for my employers to fly and believe me I am going to think twice before scheduling with United. If your new image had anything to do with the new name "TED", you would be better off going back to the old name and old way of treating people. A little kindness and accommodation will go much farther then treating people like they don't matter.

I am not one to complain, but it has bothered me so much to be treated the way we were I thought it warranted a letter. I'm certain nothing will be done about it after all its not your problem. As we were told many times.

Thank you for at least reading my letter.

Linda Roush

Reservations Skipped flight on itinerary, all remaining flights cancelled RobertB United Airlines Complaints 15 Jun 1, 2012 9:56 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Cancelled, Rude Staff, Weak Compensation nur American Airlines Complaints 4 Jun 17, 2008 6:50 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight delayed, missed connection, was not compensated sammy Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Sep 3, 2007 8:48 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked missed connecting flights charles a hart United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 9, 2007 10:15 PM
$200 rebooking fee, cancelled flights, damaged luggage Tony2007 AAdvantage Complaints 0 Feb 12, 2007 12:32 AM