Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: mess at newark

Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:38 PM

On july 28 were scheduled to fly out of Newark at 1:35. We boarded at around 1 and were told that because a runway was closed there were 50 planes ahead of us but we had to be on board and ready when our turn came and there was no way of knowing. The crew lied over and over saying things like we have been okayed for take off but the engines were turned off at least twice. Then bad weather moved in and we sat on that plane for nearly 3 hours. Many of us missed our connecting flights. Our total time from Newark to Louisville was supposed to be about 4 hours instead it was 8. There was no delay posted at Newark at any time. But I heard the flight attendant talking on the phone about the backup as I boarded the plane. Pathetic procedures. Dumping Southwest and will never fly out of Newark again. Security system is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 29, 2012, 3:43 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

newark is just a bad airport...hell, any aiport (JEFK, LGA, EWR) are all bad. however this was beyond southwests control. it was ATC and weather
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:35 PM

This was an ATC issue. I was stuck there on a UA plane. I can't fault the airlines on this one...