In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Southwest wireless worthless

Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:16 AM

Bought the wireless access for $5 on a recent SW flight from las Vegas to Albany . Was spotty at best. For first hour and a half it just hung up nd dropped everything I attempted to do, half way through the flight it started working as good as a slow DSL. You cannot stream Netflix, YouTube, crackle, etc. it barely allows you to surf and is extremely slow. Email worked ok.
I asked for a refund three times ans the flight attendant simply ignored my requests.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:46 AM

Yeah flight attendants are often in charge of WiFi refunds.... [Inappropriate Language. Please respect the rules.]!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:24 PM

If you buy the wifi access code from the FA, why shouldn't they refund you if it is not working. If I buy a dodgy sandwich from the FA, I wouldn't expect to have to write to Head Office to get my moolah back.

In any event....asking for a refund and getting ignored is a complaint about ignorant, poor service...not about who is responsible for paying the refund. [Inappropriate Language. Please respect the rules.].
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:55 PM

For an additional $5 (or is it $10, not sure), you can stream Live TV on the Southwest in-flight WiFi.
I suspect that the routers on the airplane are configured to save bandwidth for live TV, at the expense of bandwidth for those who just want to surf the web.

Tags
southwest wireless