COMPLAINT: slow, rude in refunding SWA flight cancelled by Hurricane Sandy

Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:12 AM
bwilx67 bwilx67 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

Southwest called me on Oct 28 to inform me that my Oct 29 AM flight was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. It was an automated recording, and I listened and when it said, "press 2 (or whatever) to talk to a representative" I did. I figured since Southwest called me, all the information about my trip would be on the representative's screen when I finally got to talk to someone. I figured wrong. I had to retrieve my confirmation number and give it to him. He sounded like a petulant teenager. I asked if the trip would be refunded. He said something to the effect, "Yes, you can use these funds for future travel." and when I pressed him a bit and reminded him that it's SWA who was cancelling, not me, he did say that SWA would refund the entire purchase amount.
A couple of days later, when it was clear I wasn't flying to my destination that week, I called for the refund. The lady gave me some non-sense about one of my tickets being a business class ticket and therefore could only be exchanged for future travel. This was a clear and direct contradiction to what the SWA rep told me Sunday night. I threatened reporting them to the BBB.
I called a few days later and they said they'd refund the entire amount.
I did see two separate credits to my credit card, but they did not refund the entire amount. The amount remaining, in SWA's favor, is less than $1. I've called numerous times to get this remaining about credited back to my credit card. I get snarkly, rude customer service representatives . It's like they're playing a stupid little game. Now they're pushing me so that I'll be late for my expense report. I was going to try to get some extra frequent flyer points on SWA, given that I fly nearly every week. Now, though, I am switching to Delta and/or American Airlines.

rude customer service, southwest airlines

Super Storm Sandy - Disappointed in Virgin America wadeu Other Airline Complaints 0 Nov 5, 2012 6:46 PM
Customer Service Rude flight attendant, flight CO34 IAH to LHR March 20, 2010 dslov007 Customer Service 0 Mar 21, 2010 9:02 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Cancelled, Rude Staff, Weak Compensation nur American Airlines Complaints 4 Jun 17, 2008 6:50 PM
Customer Service Flights cancelled, delayed, missed, plus very rude staff roushl United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 21, 2007 3:14 AM