COMPLAINT: ...no service?

Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:36 AM
szcz4069 szcz4069 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

Hi
Just wanted to raise a complaint our family had with the BA service over the christmas/new year period 2016/2017.

We bought tickets online for flights between London and Warsaw (return) for 2 adults and 2 teenagers (adults in terms of pricing). The tickets were bought around the middle of november 2016, with our flights occurring 10th December 2016 and 15th January 2017 respectively.

The flight to Warsaw was actually quite a reasonable flight, reasonable service. The return flight to London was a shocker. NO SERVICE!! No complimentary tea or coffee, no nothing. Not even a cup of water!!!???? Why??? I dont recall seeing anything in the terms and conditions that stated we would not have any service on this return flight. Surely BA would have mentioned any reduction in service at the time I was planning to purchase tickets??? If so - then nothing was brought to my attention about this.

To date, I believe I bought standard seats for both flights. Why did our family not get this same service?

To make matters unfortunately worse in our minds about BA flight staff intentions, was that we were reassured by cabin staff that coffee and teas together with water were going to be served once the "paid" service counter was finished. This never happened because once the "paid" services were complete it was time to buckle up and land.

It has left me with a rather poor picture of BA. A lacking service in the air together with a rather disingenuous motive by BA staff to brush aside any responsibility to our requests for some basic service.

BA - please help me understand why your service is nose-diving??

regards
szcz

Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:22 PM
Rosemary Rosemary is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I can help you. Cost-cutting. Management doesn't care about passenger reaction because passengers can't complain to them directly. The cabin staff are used by management to take the flak over a policy for which they aren't responsible. My advice is to avoid BA like the plague - and I'm British and have flown them loyally for 35 years. I won't do so any longer.

Customer Service Terrible service integration and no customer service support DPOV British Airways Complaints 0 May 30, 2016 12:07 PM
Customer Service Poor all round service - from check-in to in-flight service rgray United Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 17, 2010 7:01 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM