In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Very Disappointed with British Airways

Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:10 AM
Fe504 Fe504 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

At first my wife and I were excited that British Airways would start offering direct flights to Europe from New Orleans . But after experiencing the rudeness , embarrassment and humiliation by one of your flight attendents , my family and myself will not be patronizing British Airways again .
We traveled on April 5 , 2017 from New Orleans to London and from London to Barcelona . That leg of the journey was satisfactory . Returning from Barcelona to London was a horrible experience . I have one credit card that I use when I travel , it is with Chase Bank . I have had this card for 20 years . I notified Chase Bank of my travel plans and I had no problem using the card to purchase my tickets with BA , to pay for my hotel in Barcelona , to make purchased for 6 days in Barcelona as well as the airport in London . In other words there was nothing wrong with my Chase card ! Anyway, when the beverage cart came down the aisle I requested a small bottle of wine for my wife and myself and a bag of chips , the attendant (Austra)(sp?) handed them to us and I gave her my card , in the meantime I opened my wine and poured some of it in the cup , the attendant then tells me loudly my card is declined . I then offered to pay in cash , and she tells me they don't take cash . And then she takes the opened wine and chips from us !! My point is we did not appreciate being embarrassed and humiltated because of your faulty credit card processor. There was , and is nothing wrong with my credit card , the problem was with your credit card processor . And to be treated as if my wife and I were trying to steal two small bottles of wine from your airline without paying is highly insulting !
My wife and I also upgraded to World Traveler Plus from London to New Orleans . This was a huge mistake and a waste of money . When we boarded the plane we discovered that my wife and I were in two completely different rows ! There was no warning when I purchased the tickets that this would be a possibility or I would not ever had upgraded to World Traveler Plus , we brought it to the attendant"s attention and the only recourse was to switch with someone in the economy section , so that my wife and I could sit in the same row . I fail to comprehend how British Airways would put two people traveling together in separate rows , especially when the first three legs of travel were in the same row.Our trip to Barcelona was wonderful , the only thing that left a very bad impression on us was the poor attitude and poor service we were subjected to on British Airways . I hope that your company does not treat all passengers as poorly as we were treated .
Posted via Mobile Device

Customer Service Mom Disappointed in US Airways Treatment of US Soldier ArmyMom Customer Service 8 Aug 2, 2012 6:24 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked British Airways They let me down abumax British Airways Complaints 0 Nov 14, 2011 8:38 AM
Customer Service British Airways is Bad Prof. Dr Sascha Brose British Airways Complaints 6 Sep 8, 2009 2:02 AM
Check-in / Boarding British Airways: Disappointed Customer Pauline Bartley-Brown British Airways Complaints 0 Feb 21, 2008 8:43 PM
British Airways: GB Airways sale to Easyjet iainf2806 Executive Club / Premier Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2007 9:54 AM