COMPLAINT: Cathay Pacific Airline Treats Customers Poorly

Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:42 PM
russinmy russinmy is offline

Join Date: Jan 2013

I took a single trip using Cathay Pacific Airlines, from Kuala Lumpur to San Francisco and back, via Hong Kong (of course). I had the following problems:

1) One of the meals on the first leg of my journey gave me serious food poisoning.

2) General treatment of the customers by the staff was really poor.

3) Flights were consistently late.

4) In San Francisco, I was told I had to have a special ticket out of Malaysia or they would not admit me on my flight, even though I had already paid. They said it was a Malaysian government requirement, but I have flown five other airlines out of KL, and not once was I given this "requirement" on the way back. If I had not been able to book a flight out of KL on my laptop computer at the SFO terminal, under a lot of stress, I would have been stranded in SF indefinitely and lost my money for the ticket. The staff was really rude, and I was told bluntly that they did not care about my inconvenience.

I recommend to anyone to use any airline from China, but not this one, unless you want a really awful experience.

Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:05 PM
ChristianKohl ChristianKohl is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013

I suffered the same problem, food poisoning from a CX meal, described here:

Were you able to get any compensation?

Cathay Pacific Airline - Bad Service lindasterling Cathay Pacific Complaints 1 Feb 11, 2011 6:00 AM
Customer Service AA and Cathay Pacific partnership - Lousy lindasterling American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 8, 2010 5:29 PM
About Cathay Pacific fooling their own customers sujayshah Cathay Pacific Complaints 5 Oct 7, 2009 12:29 AM
Cathay Pacific: Poor service jactan Cathay Pacific Complaints 0 Feb 13, 2008 4:34 AM
Customer Service Northwest Airlines treats customers like...they don't need o jlynn5757 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 14, 2007 4:04 AM