COMPLAINT: Cathay Pacific Airline Treats Customers Poorly

Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:42 PM

I took a single trip using Cathay Pacific Airlines, from Kuala Lumpur to San Francisco and back, via Hong Kong (of course). I had the following problems:

1) One of the meals on the first leg of my journey gave me serious food poisoning.

2) General treatment of the customers by the staff was really poor.

3) Flights were consistently late.

4) In San Francisco, I was told I had to have a special ticket out of Malaysia or they would not admit me on my flight, even though I had already paid. They said it was a Malaysian government requirement, but I have flown five other airlines out of KL, and not once was I given this "requirement" on the way back. If I had not been able to book a flight out of KL on my laptop computer at the SFO terminal, under a lot of stress, I would have been stranded in SF indefinitely and lost my money for the ticket. The staff was really rude, and I was told bluntly that they did not care about my inconvenience.

I recommend to anyone to use any airline from China, but not this one, unless you want a really awful experience.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:05 PM

I suffered the same problem, food poisoning from a CX meal, described here:
http://www.airlinecomplaints.org/sho...8562#post28562

Were you able to get any compensation?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook