Full Site Register

British Airways Complaints>BA 891/Aniket Trimbakkar
[email protected] 12:53 PM Aug 11, 2016
Booking reference: ZD5KI5,
BA Case Reference: 15506793

My wife and I were due to fly on 2 July 2016 from London to Sofia (FB 852 - BULGARIA AIR).
We were then due to fly on 23 July 2016 from Sofia to London (BA 891 - BRITISH AIRWAYS).
On 1 July 2016, my wife was taken into hospital and we were unable to travel. I telephoned British Airways Customer Service to cancel my British Airways flight BA 891 due to depart 23 July 2016.
The flight from Sofia to London was sold without any baggage allowance so I had purchased 2 bags at a cost of 60.00 through the British Airways website. Accordingly, I sought to obtain a refund for the unused baggage fees. On 10 July 2016, I telephoned British Airways Customer Service to obtain a refund for the unused baggage fees and was told that they could not deal with my request. They informed me that I should issue a complaint form. I did this and received a nonsensical reply dated 16 July 2016 (attached). Obviously, this did not clarify anything.
On 16 July 2016, in frustration, I emailed Alex Cruz (CEO of British Airways) who passed my email to BA Customer Relations. Today, 10 August 2016, I finally received a reply (attached).
It is clear from the response, that neither my emails, nor any of the attachments, have been read properly.
I want a refund of the excess baggage fees to which I am entitled.

Yours faithfully
Nicholas Searle

BA Case Reference: 15506793
Booking Reference: ZD5KI5
Address: 116 Whitchurch Gardens, , Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6PB
Attached: 2016.07.11 Email to [email protected] (13.1 KB) 2016.07.16 UK Refunds & Ticket Retrieval Case Reference Number 706444654.pdf (4.3 KB) 2016.08.10 Reply from BA Customer Relations.doc (16.9 KB) 2016.08.10 Reply to BA Customer Relations.doc (13.4 KB)
Reply Up