Customer Service
COMPLAINT: just plain bad customer handling

Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:07 AM

My flights in the last 3 months have variously resulted in calls to refer to:
Poor food service on a JFK LHR flight with no drinks service and no apology
No food served to me at all on a Mexico City to LHR flight failed to wake me to alert me to the food service
An inability to find a member of staff on a 747 (Mexico City service) to provide me with water after no service of any kind for 7.5 hours.
A whole series of concerns on a shared AA flight which was booked through BA on the realistic and reasonable expectation of certain standards pf customer service which offered
o No individual entertainment on either leg of the flight
o Appalling food quality
o A freezing cold cabin which required even the cabin crew to serve YOUR customers whilst wrapped in blankets
o Damaged seating
o Noisy emergency exit doors
It is not just the level and quality of service that I (and fellow passengers) have received it is the abject disappointment that the result of any enquiry is always the same. The BA school of Customer Service kicks in you are no longer an individual or a valued customer. You are a customer who will be responded to in accordance with the customer service training admit nothing, commit to nothing, offer nothing and attempt to close off the complaint as quickly as possible.
I was told that all service at all levels was complimentary and that there would be no chance of any compensation for the lack of service of a meal or water onboard an 11-hour flight BA did not have any obligation to provide food or drink on board. Maybe that would be a more honest approach to your advertising and website copy a large disclaimer suggesting that all services offered were COMPLIMENTARY and that there was no obligation to provide such. It would be interesting to see what would happen to sales in these circumstances.
This time in my discussions I had an offer of compensation made and withdrawn in the same call even more frustrating and devaluing of my position as a customer.
I am determined to get this message to a higher level but am frustrated as to know how to do this. Several forums have suggested email addresses for Willie Walsh and Trot Warfield - all to no avail, they just bounce back.

Imterested to know from seasoned BA customers - which must equal disgruntled BA customers - what to do next.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook