COMPLAINT: Wrong statement about cancelled flight - Emp: Fernando Anholon - BA915 25.05.17

Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:18 PM
merensahin merensahin is offline

Join Date: Jun 2017

Hello all,

Flight BA915 on 25.05.2017 from Frankfurt International to London Heathrow was cancelled. I was offered to fly with flight BA901 on 26.05.2017.

On our way to London, the pilot made an announcement and apologized for the cancelled flight. He said they had to cancel the flight because a vehicle on the ground hit the airplane in taxi position.

Since it can be foreseen or reimbursed from ground services, I made a compensation to BA. The answer I got from Fernando Anholon was surprising, copying exactly how he wrote:

"We take the safety and security of our aircraft very seriously and unfortunately our aircraft sustained damage due to the severe weather conditions. An immediate assessment and repair was arranged but this caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule, which is outside of our control."

After I wrote him back that the pilot announced a different statement, his reply was even more interesting. By the way, the weather was crystal clear on that day 25 Celsius w/o wind.
Please read below how he just ignored me saying pilot's statement:

Thanks for getting back in touch with us about your EU compensation claim. I understand this is something you feel strongly about and Iím sorry youíre unhappy with our previous replies.

We really want you to fly with us again and we know not resolving your complaint fully will affect the decisions you make when you need to travel in the future. Iíve had another look at your claim for compensation and Iíve taken time to make sure our response is accurate and up-to-date.

Iím afraid our decision hasnít changed and the responses youíve received about the eligibility of your EU compensation claim are correct. As security or safety reason, weíre unable to offer you any compensation. I know this isnít the answer you were hoping for and Iím sorry to let you down.

Given the information we hold about your cancelled flight, our answer wonít change and weíre unable to respond to any further requests for compensation.

If you would like to know more about EU compensation, simply click on the following link:

We really do value your loyalty and I hope we can welcome you on board again soon.

Best regards

Fernando Anholon
British Airways Customer Relations Executive
Your case reference is:16623554

Very well written corporate e-mail. Yet he missed the point I was emphasizing and I believe it is not a coincidence.

The key message from my previous email was 2 different inconsistent statements made by the pilot and by Mr Anholon. As you can also see from his e-mail, he did not even mention anything about statements, which confirms the mistake is indeed true.

Now I am more disappointed than before. It is not about compensation anymore. It is about destroying reputation as British Airways with their own hands.

I will never be a customer of BA again obviously and I would do anything to spread this issue to broader public - everyone should know how strong BA takes position behind their statements.

Kind regards,
Sahin

Last edited by merensahin; Jun 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked SWA Cancels Wrong Flight For Refund angelo Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 1, 2017 4:45 PM
Airline cancelled my ticket without noticing. Flight was not cancelled. What to do? golgol Other Airline Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2013 5:54 AM
Reservations Same Flight, Same Time, Same Airport, but I am wrong! catherine wl United Airlines Complaints 6 Mar 15, 2012 4:00 PM
wrong flight tutu General Discussion 8 Apr 27, 2009 1:08 PM
Customer Service Cancelled Flight - because their manifest is wrong! aschumm Customer Service 8 Apr 20, 2009 2:09 AM